Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In game updates.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Hello everyone. I have recently started playing this game, and I am suprised at how much I am enjoying it. My problem is all of these in game updates. I live in the country and my only option for internet access is Hughesnet, which is really strict about how much their customers download. Because my bandwidth is monitered and limited I was wondering if there was a way to stop it from automatically downloading these as I play, and I was also wondering how long is it going to keep downloading things. My bandwidth is unlimited between the hours of 2:00 - 7:00 am, so I was hoping that there was a way for me to play during the day without worrying about this, and be able to download everything I need too during the hours I mentioned above. Thanks for your time whoever is reading this, best wishes, James.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Get up before 7:00 a.m. and log in and get all of the updates. Other than that, I don't know what else you can do.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Unfortunately, when there are updates to the game, you cannot play until the updates are downloaded and patched to your version of the game. The reason for this is because the servers have all been patched just before the updates are released. Since none of the servers are running the previous version anymore, your client-side portion needs to be updated in order match up with the version of the server.