Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm Getting Tired of This

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2009
No offense lesser levels, but sometimes I just feel this way.
Have any of the higher levels felt pestered by novices, apprentices and initiates whenever you go to Wizard City? Several times people have come up to me saying, "Can you help me please?" or, "Please be my friend" or, "Let's talk to Private Connelly in Unicorn Way". They also ask a LOT of friend requests. Once I stopped to eat dinner; when I came back I had 5 friend requests, all from apprentices. I mean I understand that they look up to you as an awesome person, it's flattering, but it gets annoying.
I know a lot of people feel that way. Even in DS, when I walk up to grandmasters, they simply walk away. And even if you have a younger friend, they STILL ask you for help the second you get on.
Like I said earlier, no offense lesser levels. I don't mean to be mean, I am simply expressing my opinion.

Caroline DawnRunner, lvl 46 Master Conjuror, Oni Slayer, Private

Administrator
Young Wizard, we have given you the tools to control what you see, including chat, friend requests, teleports and more.

You can reach this panel by pressing Esc and selecting the fifth tab on the top.

Simply turn off Friend Requests.

You can also turn off the Chat Bubbles from a different tab in that same window.

Pressing O when you're not in a duel will turn off the Chat Window if you do not wish to see the local chat.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 29, 2009
Survivor
Oct 06, 2009
Boo Hoo yea maybe sometimes it can be a little annoying but maybe just try to put your self in their shoes for just a moment.Or not but this game is primarily for younger people and the majority are probably seeking companionship and friendship.Also,they might be new and want a little help from an "older person".There isn't a battle in wizard City that I couldn't lose if I tried but when a FRIEND calls and ask for help,if I'm able,I drop everything and help.Nuisance?Yes.Senseless?But in my book if your not willing to go the extra mile then your not really a friend anyway. So ADIOS.Really level 46?What is there in Wizard city anyway?