Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ignore button

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
I really find it SO incredibly amazing that after all the things they have changed and fixed, the ignore button still doesn't work properly.I just lost my best friend because my cursor accidentally hit the ignore button.

Of course, you hit "Don't Ignore" and instead of it putting the person back on your list, it deletes that person.

And if that person is online, you cannot get them back. They do not have you on their list anymore. That only happens if you delete them while they are offline.

Could someone PLEASE explain to me why this hasn't been fixed. I contacted support and they cannot put someone back on your list who was deleted. There is no way to get my friend back other than try to find someone who knows him or search the 15 million players.

I have been playing Wizard101 since the beta testing and I am truly disappointed in them for not fixing this by now.

Do you not realize that the friends we make on here really matter to us?????

Alexis Silverforge/Legenday Storm
My friend was Dustin Spirit

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
They have to delete that person off your friends list if you put them on ignore. Since, some people may want to ignore someone that was previously a friend. If they were only ignored, that person could still port to them. Some people would forget to delete them off their friends list or have trouble locating them on their friends list (if they have a bunch).

In your case you accidentally hit ignore for a friend. The fix should be a confirmation, "Do you want to ignore this person" since it is so close to the friend related buttons.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Agreed. Using Ignore on a friend should popup an alert such as:

Warning: This will also remove wizard-name from your friends list. Are you sure you want to proceed?"

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Changing the position of ignored button will sure help and a confirmation window should appear.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I have accidentally ignored some friends, especially when I first started.

Although I lost a couple permanently, I was lucky to have some as friends with my other wizards and was able to reconnect with some.

I always thought there should be some kind of warning prompt of some kind.

Or maybe the Don't Ignore should have 2 tab options:
Add back to friends
Remove from friends list