Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Icons Dissapearing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I have a very unstable internet connection, so I quite often get the message come up about my connection being lost. I wait for a few seconds, and most of the time it'll reconnect and I can continue playing from exactly where I left off. Although some of the times when it continues, I can still do everything I'm normally able to do, but none of the icons will be there.

If I'm not in a battle, I won't be able to see my book, the compass, the chat log, my health, anything. I've tried pressing escape, clicking where the icons should be (Which works, but they still don't re-appear) everything. If I'm in a battle, the same thing will happen, but I'm still able to use cards, although it's very hard. After the battle ends, I'm not even able to move. The only "solution" I've found to this is closing the game and starting it again. I understand you can't fix the connection problem, that's my ISPs job, but is there any way you could somehow have a button to refresh the icons? Or do a check for them after you get a connection error?

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Simple. This happens to me ALL THE TIME.

Click the Ctrl button then press G, and teleport to a friend in battle. Afterward, you should be able to walk, which happens to me. If you still can't walk, you have to teleport a bunch of times.

This also works in battle.

Hannah Dragonsword, level 42 Fire

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
accioliv88 wrote:

Click the Ctrl button then press G, and teleport to a friend in battle. Afterward, you should be able to walk, which happens to me. If you still can't walk, you have to teleport a bunch of times.

I haven't tried this yet, although it's still an awkward way to fix it. Say I'm questing somewhere and have to teleport away to a friend, then walk allllll the way back to my quest location to fix it, that's a lot of work just to get the icons back. Infact it would probably be faster to close the game with task manager and restart it, because atleast then I'd be near my quest area. I'm sure there's a way to make this easier to fix.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
b0bm4n wrote:
accioliv88 wrote:

I haven't tried this yet, although it's still an awkward way to fix it. Say I'm questing somewhere and have to teleport away to a friend, then walk allllll the way back to my quest location to fix it, that's a lot of work just to get the icons back. Infact it would probably be faster to close the game with task manager and restart it, because atleast then I'd be near my quest area. I'm sure there's a way to make this easier to fix.

This is the only way I know of, but you can still turn it off, and restart!

accioliv88