Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Ignored You For A Reason

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Over the last few weeks I have been having a person port to me who is on my ignore list. Since I can still see his chat, I know the ignore is not working. I have tried removing him from ignore, and ignoring him again with no luck.

A week ago, this person kept porting repeatedly too me even after I told him to stop. I did not have ports off because I had other friends who were porting to me. For awhile it got so bad that i had to hide out in a dorm room on my other account with her house set to friends only. When I did lower the privacy to allow a friend to port to me, this person ported immediately. I reported him for harassment (to me that is what it was).

For almost a week he did not port to me and I thought maybe KI did something to stop this. Now today, this person once more ported to me. He left immediately when I told him to. Still, I am stuck with a person who is on my IGNORE LIST porting to me.

Is there something more I can do to stop this person from porting to me?

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Send in a ticket to Support, telling them what's going on and listing the wizard-name of the person harassing you. So that KingsIsle can see who's doing the teleporting, do not remove that wizard from your ignore list.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
superluther wrote:
Over the last few weeks I have been having a person port to me who is on my ignore list. Since I can still see his chat, I know the ignore is not working. I have tried removing him from ignore, and ignoring him again with no luck.

A week ago, this person kept porting repeatedly too me even after I told him to stop. I did not have ports off because I had other friends who were porting to me. For awhile it got so bad that i had to hide out in a dorm room on my other account with her house set to friends only. When I did lower the privacy to allow a friend to port to me, this person ported immediately. I reported him for harassment (to me that is what it was).

For almost a week he did not port to me and I thought maybe KI did something to stop this. Now today, this person once more ported to me. He left immediately when I told him to. Still, I am stuck with a person who is on my IGNORE LIST porting to me.

You should report him every time he ports and/or disturbs you.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Instead of "ignoring" him, wouldn't it make more sense to just remove him from your friends list....?

It sounds like you don't like him or want to deal with him, so why not remove him? If he's off your list, I think that would effectively prevent him from porting to you.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Freshta wrote:

Instead of "ignoring" him, wouldn't it make more sense to just remove him from your friends list....?

It sounds like you don't like him or want to deal with him, so why not remove him? If he's off your list, I think that would effectively prevent him from porting to you.

When someone is put on your ignore list, it effectively removes them from your friends list. His name is not purple or light blue which would indicate he is a friend, still he ports to me because I am on HIS list.

I did put in a ticket to support about the issue as a previous poster suggested. Hopefully they can find a way to remove ME from HIS list.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 life

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

When someone is put on your ignore list, it effectively removes them from your friends list. His name is not purple or light blue which would indicate he is a friend, still he ports to me because I am on HIS list.

Hmm, I agree that ignoring someone ought to be treated as 'defriending.' But, maybe it isn't because, as you said, you're still on HIS list.

I'm so curious that I'm going to test this tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes and how you can hopefully get this guy to leave you alone.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
superluther wrote:
Freshta wrote:

I did put in a ticket to support about the issue as a previous poster suggested. Hopefully they can find a way to remove ME from HIS list.

I agree with Freshta here. Why would you need to put in a ticket to Support? Just remove him from your list already.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Did you try removing him then putting him on ignore?? I really don't know what the problem is but yea i mean if its that bad i would just turn your ports off and just tell your friends the situation and why they cant port to just keep him from porting until maybe KI can sort it out.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
superluther wrote:
Freshta wrote:

I agree with Freshta here. Why would you need to put in a ticket to Support? Just remove him from your list already.

i had a friend on all three of my wizards, she removed me from her list. i never noticed it, but when i got on one of my wizards that i hadn't been on in a while she was on the list. i said hi to her and she asked how i was able to talk to her, then she told me she removed me.
point being, if the person is not on the game when you ignore them, they are not ignored. ignore them when they port to you and ask they to leave you alone. you won't be able to hear a word they say and they will not be able to port to you again.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
greco55 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:
superluther wrote:
Freshta wrote:

i had a friend on all three of my wizards, she removed me from her list. i never noticed it, but when i got on one of my wizards that i hadn't been on in a while she was on the list. i said hi to her and she asked how i was able to talk to her, then she told me she removed me.
point being, if the person is not on the game when you ignore them, they are not ignored. ignore them when they port to you and ask they to leave you alone. you won't be able to hear a word they say and they will not be able to port to you again.

Had I not tried all these methods I would not have put in a ticket with support.

1) I did remove him from ignore list and ignored again...did not work

2) When you remove someone from ignore list, they are not on friends list. You cannot remove someone from your list when they are not there in the first place.

3) The person is on ignore...I should not have to be inconvenienced or turn down ports from LEGITIMATE friends due to a person that SHOULD NOT be able to port to me.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

i said hi to her and she asked how i was able to talk to her, then she told me she removed me.
point being, if the person is not on the game when you ignore them, they are not ignored. ignore them when they port to you and ask they to leave you alone.

I'm not sure if this matters.^^^

I did test the ignore vs. defriend options today. When I ignored a friend while the friend was online, the ignore completely removed her from my friends list (but her name stayed on my ignore list). When I took her off ignore, she disappeared completely from everything. Furthermore, I disappeared completely from my friend's friend list the moment I put her on ignore. (We are friends in real life, so I could see her list at the same time as mine and could see exactly how ignoring affected both her and me.)

After restoring our friendship, I had my friend log out and then back in while I first defriended her and then ignored her (poor thing!). Both times, she disappeared from my list. When she logged in, I had also disappeared from hers, both times. She could not port to me because I wasn't on her list at all.

When I ignored her, I couldn't see anything that she said in text chat, but when defriending her I could still see what she said.

So, it seems that both ignoring and defriending should stop this person from being able to port to you. This leads me to wonder a couple of things.

Could this harrassing wizard be leaving a teleport mark somewhere (such as in your house)? Could this wizard be porting to another one of your friends? If not, then as others have suggested, it may be a glitch and contacting support is your best option.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
give him a resoson not to teleport to you. get in a battle with hm and wait till enimies start coming in, then flee.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
Remove him altogether from your friends list. Problem solved.
:)
no the problem is not solved for Hanna, its an inconvenience for her, she seems to have exhausted all the options. I'm sure she knows what she's doing.
Hanna are you able to use the "send him away" option that comes up when someone ports to your house? This same stuff has happened to me in the past removing someone from my list, but them being able to click on my name if I say something in chat and being able to port to me anyway. Since I did not have them on ignore, or in my list at all, I was able to chose the "send him away option" and havent had a reoccurance yet. Hopefully you can try this, or if you have.. let us know how things proceed, becuz I feel for you! Bugs like this can make the game discouraging. Come on guys, be thoughtful.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
ok I was gonna quote this but i read through them all and it appears no one is reading. Please stop being so quick to help, if you are not understanding the problem. Some problems posted here are not problems that can be addressed by a member.

From the first post i read that this was one of them.

The person here has found what can be called an online stalker. Normally in Wizard 101 its harmless, just a kid or teen who is messing with you and you can ignore them. That's that.

But in this case, the person who is having a problem is also having a problem with the ignore option. IT DOES NOT WORK!

I have ignored a great many people over the years (normally a little time and they lose interests) but if the option isnt working correctly then she has a glitch. A glitch is normally, a universal problem on this type of game, BUT not always.

I think you (the member who posted) may have to keep after Wizard 101 [which would be easier if they had a phone - my goodness people you are no longer a small company hire someone to answer a phone] and with regard to the person who knows they are bothering you. You have to ignore them.

The old fashion way. Just dont talk act like they arent there. If they say something that is out of place then report them.

DO NOT report them just because they added another mob to your fight because KI can care less. I am telling its just reality. They have a lot of issues and they arent gonna pay staff to police the place [although sarely needed] and for whatever reason (i am sure there is one) cant.

This unfortunate but not the first time i have heard of it. Try my advice and I am really sorry I know it can be frustrating when someone can not understand "I dont want to play with you" but remember many of these member ARE kids and if they were that easy to control there would be more of them (lol) I speak only from the experience of a mom.

So even though you are right and you have every right to feel violated by this. Take the higher ground so high they get bored with the climb.

Good Luck.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
here's a theory of what could be happening and it may not be a glitch, but the person found a loophole. it requires one thing to be answered- if you have someone on Your ignore list, can you port to Them? i wonder if he could have You on His ignore list to avoid being removed by you? i think if you saw him again you should try to friend him, then remove him again. you may have removed him before but could have accidentally added him again at the bazaar or running through the commons. this may be totally off base but it was worth mentioning the possibility. -eli and crew

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
here's a theory of what could be happening and it may not be a glitch, but the person found a loophole. it requires one thing to be answered- if you have someone on Your ignore list, can you port to Them? i wonder if he could have You on His ignore list to avoid being removed by you? i think if you saw him again you should try to friend him, then remove him again. you may have removed him before but could have accidentally added him again at the bazaar or running through the commons. this may be totally off base but it was worth mentioning the possibility. -eli and crew

I have tried to friend him again, but he refused the friends request or it just plain did not work.

As of now, I have had no problems with him, so hopefully, support did something that helped.

He was not being overly rude to me, nor was his behavior lewd, at least not the last time he ported to me. Although I do not remember WHY I initially put him on ignore, I am sure it was for a very good reason. I do not put anyone on ignore lightly.

To Necromanicia--I have sent him away only to have him port back to me. I am beginning to think he was off line when I initially ignored him, which had to be over 6 months ago, maybe longer. At that time when someone was offline when ignored or removed, you would stay on their lists.

I also believe this is a younger person because they kept asking "Why do you hate me?". I was in convo with someone else so did not have the chance to tell him, I do not HATE anyone. I just avoid people that will ruin my enjoyment of playing the game.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
superluther wrote:
greco55 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:
superluther wrote:
Freshta wrote:

Had I not tried all these methods I would not have put in a ticket with support.

1) I did remove him from ignore list and ignored again...did not work

2) When you remove someone from ignore list, they are not on friends list. You cannot remove someone from your list when they are not there in the first place.

3) The person is on ignore...I should not have to be inconvenienced or turn down ports from LEGITIMATE friends due to a person that SHOULD NOT be able to port to me.

Hannah,

Remove him! If he keeps porting to you, tell him to please, please, please stop! If a friend and you are having a little renunion, and this guy keeps porting to you, kick him out of your house/dorm. It is for your own good! If you are alone, turn the option "Hidden to Friends" if you need to.

Hope I helped!

Caroline Willoweyes, Level 19 Life
:3 Cya in Krokotopia!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
superluther wrote:
I also believe this is a younger person because they kept asking "Why do you hate me?". I was in convo with someone else so did not have the chance to tell him, I do not HATE anyone. I just avoid people that will ruin my enjoyment of playing the game.

ok i think you hit the nail on the head he was young he liked you and did not understand why you wanted to avoid him. Okay, it happens. I also think you may have fixed this problem when you told him what you told him. His feelings not withstanding no harm really. So hopefully you both can move on.

again gl

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Remove him from your ignore list.
If he went right from 'Friend' to 'Ignore' he may not have been moved to the approperiate bin and your friend list, while it has him listed under Ignore, still thinks he's your friend. It's a bug I've heard of before and though this solution did not work for all the people with this particular problem, it did work for the majority of them.
I hope this works for, it sounds rather vexing! Best of luck!

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
sounds like the sutuation is resolved, my next suggestion was to click on him and put him on the ignore list while he is there and send him away, if he ports back to you then it is a glitch, but if he ports to another location in your house he leaves a marker. then you might have a case of harassment

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
mman17 wrote:
superluther wrote:

LOL....LOL!!!!!!!! Um....I think it would be wise if you read the rules again...It doesnt say anyways that players Porting to you is against the rules....Disturbing a player....Technically by how i read it he wasnt.(answer further ahead)

I am not saying that the person is not being overly disrespectful and yes that might be reportable ........BUT!!!!

Players that 'AREN'T' your friends cant port to you. If the person was being so bad and by what i am reading is a friend, I would suggest Deleting the player from the friends list. I don't tolerate overly disrespectful things myself and I let people know it. Even my best friend i would Delete if they came to ignore my warnings to the player.(i am not saying my best friend wouldn't be added again but yeah...)

To also settle another form of the same anwer.....friend of friend.....place house now on friends only would work but outside that is where I told friends long before that that friends only thing, i was having an issue with a friend and a few had the friend, I would tell them. If it came down to it they also followed me in 'DELETING' the person. But....I do have a strict code i live by....

May you have no issues soon enough

Sorry your having a disrespectful person doing such things....I have done all of the above and they do work...non friends is the big one though. Sounds like they aren't a friend of yours

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
superluther wrote:

Hi, if he/she is still porting to you, it means their in your group or your friend list. Remove them from both, than they can't port.

Blaine Ghostbreath, Level 35 Necromancer

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
BLSKis1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
superluther wrote:

LOL....LOL!!!!!!!! Um....I think it would be wise if you read the rules again...It doesnt say anyways that players Porting to you is against the rules....Disturbing a player....Technically by how i read it he wasnt.(answer further ahead)

I am not saying that the person is not being overly disrespectful and yes that might be reportable ........BUT!!!!

Players that 'AREN'T' your friends cant port to you. If the person was being so bad and by what i am reading is a friend, I would suggest Deleting the player from the friends list. I don't tolerate overly disrespectful things myself and I let people know it. Even my best friend i would Delete if they came to ignore my warnings to the player.(i am not saying my best friend wouldn't be added again but yeah...)

To also settle another form of the same anwer.....friend of friend.....place house now on friends only would work but outside that is where I told friends long before that that friends only thing, i was having an issue with a friend and a few had the friend, I would tell them. If it came down to it they also followed me in 'DELETING' the person. But....I do have a strict code i live by....

May you have no issues soon enough

Sorry your having a disrespectful person doing such things....I have done all of the above and they do work...non friends is the big one though. Sounds like they aren't a friend of yours

It would be wise if you read the original post.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I am a level 60 life too, but it does not happen to me, but it happened when i was a low level. :x