Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hurricane Matthew Connection Problem?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Hello KingsIsle,
I have a problem regarding Hurricane Matthew. I'm having difficulty staying connected and my internet is fine. This happened when I was on my Storm Wiz, Michael WinterWeave lvl 82, in Mount Olympus. Is it possible you may be experiencing technical difficulties due to the hurricane? If so, is it possible for you to fix the problem? Are you aware of this problem? If so, let me know when it can be fixed. Thank you so much! (Some other Wizards might be having difficulty staying connected to, keep this in mind.)

Michael

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Epic Mrman67 on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
Hello KingsIsle,
I have a problem regarding Hurricane Matthew. I'm having difficulty staying connected and my internet is fine. This happened when I was on my Storm Wiz, Michael WinterWeave lvl 82, in Mount Olympus. Is it possible you may be experiencing technical difficulties due to the hurricane? If so, is it possible for you to fix the problem? Are you aware of this problem? If so, let me know when it can be fixed. Thank you so much! (Some other Wizards might be having difficulty staying connected to, keep this in mind.)

Michael
Sorry, but KI can't do anything about how a hurricane or any other storm may affect your ability to remain connected.

It is however not a good idea to be on a computer or any other electronics during any kind of storm.

If your problem persists after the storm has moved out, then you can contact KI Support by email.

support@wizard101.com

Also, check this post for more information

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/how-to-get-help-from-kingsisle-34317?page=1

Hero
May 07, 2015
DragonLady1818 on Oct 10, 2016 wrote:
Sorry, but KI can't do anything about how a hurricane or any other storm may affect your ability to remain connected.

It is however not a good idea to be on a computer or any other electronics during any kind of storm.

If your problem persists after the storm has moved out, then you can contact KI Support by email.

support@wizard101.com

Also, check this post for more information

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/how-to-get-help-from-kingsisle-34317?page=1
your right, not the best idea to be on a computer or phone or gaming console or any electrical device during a hurricane or tropical storm or lightning storms or any kind of storm really, rain storms are fine I think, I mean storms with just rain are fine I think so. not sure though.

Miranda jade song 93

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
You may be having problems even several days after the hurricane. We have a couple well beyond flood stage rivers in my area, and there are still neighborhoods with no power. Internet service provider field equipment generally won't work if its an area with the power down. You may have an internet connection but with lots of lag on it because some of the alternate paths data traffic can normally use aren't working, and the one working path is overloaded. If there is no lightning or rain, there is no particular reason not to use your computer, but it may still be too laggy to play Wizard101. I would suggest downloading a free game somewhere that plays locally on your computer without needing Internet access.