Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Cancel Membership without losing it.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I want to get the new 12 Month+Crowns Deal, but I hit a concerning issue.

It was stated, not only in the promotional article but also by an administrator, that I will need to Cancel my Membership. However, when I went into the options to End my Membership, the page gave me a warning that I will not get the events, which I took as I will not get that paid Membership back.

This is an issue because I have 8-9 Months of Membership left. Also, the Admin told me that the remaining Membership will be added to the end of the replacing 12 Months.

Am I going to lose my remaining Membership? Or will I get it added to the end of the 12? I am at a loss.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I just read it and wondered something similar.

What if we don't want it to auto renew? What if we just want to buy one year's worth?

We should be able to buy it and then click cancel auto renewal, without changing the current one year terms.

I don't want to lock myself into a perpetual contract.

The wording seems a little confusing.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
I'd go with what the admin said, if you really want to make sure then I suggest contacting KI support.

Administrator
Everything remains until the membership period actually expires. If you cancel your membership and choose the special offer, you shouldn't notice any disruption in event access or otherwise as the new offer will pick up once the previous membership expires.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Sparck on Jan 4, 2021 wrote:
Everything remains until the membership period actually expires. If you cancel your membership and choose the special offer, you shouldn't notice any disruption in event access or otherwise as the new offer will pick up once the previous membership expires.
Unfortunately this administrator reply is too late. I didn't buy the new membership until I knew. but the offer expired yesterday