Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you turn the filter chat off

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I am the master of my account and definitely over 18 years of age. I have been trying to get turn the filter off, but can't. How do I turn it off.

Administrator
Technically you're not turning off the filtered chat, you're enabling open chat. Filtered Chat must be enabled for Open Chat to be enabled. I know it seems counter intuitive, but it's tiers of chat permissions and the lower ones must be on for the higher ones to be activated.

Here are the steps you need to take:
Click My Accounts
Under Account Management, enable Open Chat so that the Account Management section looks like this:

Account Management

Chat - Filtered Text: On
Chat - Open Chat: On

Here are the tiers and definitions.
Menu Chat (default setting for under13)
-> players will see only Menu Chat.

13 to 18+ Text Chat (default setting for 13+)
-> players will see only our Dictionary Text Chat from both 13-18 and 18+.

New 18+ Open Chat
-> filtered for profanity but will allow numbers and names.
-> uses 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means 18+ can see it, red is filtered

*Accounts must be 18+ and must be an active subscriber with a valid credit card on file.
Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

If you are unable to turn on the Open Chat or it does not appear as an option on your account, please contact Mr Lincoln through the Contact Us link at the bottom of the website.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-