Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do i make the boots of the comet work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
ok i have a problem with the new "boots of the comet" it says they make you 8 percent faster? when i bought them and put them on i didn't notice a difference, i dont know if i just dont see it or there's something i need to do to make them work. If anyone can help i would really appriate it :D

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I had them, good thing I didn't buy them or I would have been upset. I found 0 difference with them on or any other shoes. Why would they tell you they make you go faster when it really doesnt?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I believe they released boots like this because it might be added as a new feature to clothing when Celestia comes out and is still in the developement stage, don't forget that they are newer, the first of their kind.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I submitted a support ticket about this issue a few months ago but never heard anything back. There's really no difference between those and regular boots.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
TayD wrote:
I submitted a support ticket about this issue a few months ago but never heard anything back. There's really no difference between those and regular boots.

did I mention they are ugly and dying them is out.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Actually it does not LOOK like they work but they DO me and my friend were talking about them and he had them he took them off when we raced we went the same speed then he put them back on and TOTALLY left me in his dust.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
well i wish they worked cause they sounded really cool, and i spent a lot of crowns on them so my mom is gonna get mad if she hears about this not working right even if it does take a while

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Let's talk about Boots of the Comet's colors! When you buy them there is no option for colors. The dye shop has outrageous prices for changing the color. But if we are paying crowns for them, we should be able to pick the colors just like with any other clothes purchased with crowns! PLEASE, KI, fix this!!!! For those of us who already bought them with crowns: make it to where we get a free dye to make up for this error. I have school pride and want my clothes to show it!

Thanks,
Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice

P.S. Riding a permanent mount while wearing the Comet boots does make you 48% faster! But, seriously, 4% (Slipstream) and 8% (Comet) is painfully pointless by themselves! It's like some stats on clothing that only increase by 1%!!!! What is the point!!!!