Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing previews/ sell back changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I would love to be able to tour a house before I buy it. Even if there was somewhere on this site to see what the house looks like inside and out before saving up, or spending tons of gold on one.

I recently bought a home for my character that cost me 12,000 gold. I found out I didn't like it (it was the cheaper one from marleybone and doesn't have much outside grassy space, and I have a ton of trees I wanted to use) after looking around.
I hadn't even had it for five minutes and went back to sell it to the vendor and just planned to keep using my old house. Now, I bought the house for 12,000. When I went to sell it back I only got 604. I was really angry and frustrated at this. There went all my money, on something I never used!

Now, I know the housing market is down, but that was just ridiculous. I am an adult and I'll get over it, but I can't imagine how crushing it would be to a younger person to spend all their money and not be able to get it back if they found out they didn't like the house.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I agree, I got to look at two of the housing options on the test realm. I am very glad that I looked at them before I thought about buying them on the real realm. All of the pictures that show the houses don't show everything that is there, they just show the house itself, not even the inside, now I am not saying that the housing is bad, both houses that I looked at were really cool, just not my style. What I am suggesting is that we get tours of the houses before we buy them, I know this is just a game but what is so cool about it is that we do get a say in things. When you go to buy a house in the real world you don't just look at a picture, you can get a tour during an open house... which sounds like a good idea here!

Here is an idea that could even be used. On krokotopia there is a hidden store that you can only get to at certain times; when the obelisks are shining. What we could do is have a door somewhere in the housing store that could "charge up" like the obelisks do and when they are all charged they could let people go to the houses that are being sold at that store for an open house. So that way people will be able to see what they are getting so that we won't have that problem of people spending large amounts of money not liking what they purchased and then barely getting anything back when they try to sell it.

I hope that helps!
Erin Rainrider

Defender
May 15, 2009
skellytat wrote:
Now, I bought the house for 12,000. When I went to sell it back I only got 604.

Don't you know we're in a housing slump?

Yes, a flying camera video tour at the real estate agent frog dude (where you click to buy, have a TOUR button) that shows the entire property would be an easy, effective solution, yes?

Walking in an empty version of the property as a tour (like EQ2 has) would be ideal.