Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hired henchmen not casting spells.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010
I have only been playing a few weeks , and since I really don't know anyone yet , I hire henchmen the majority of the time to help defeat bosses. I did Big Ben yesterday , and when I got to the final floor to fight Meowity , I hired a level 30 life henchman. She kept passing through the rounds , while I was taking all of the beating. Finally when I got to the 8th round , I had to hire more henchmen to help me pass this quest. Throughout the remainder of the duel , the level 30 life henchman kept passing in the rounds , it never even casted a shield or anything. I stongly suggest you never hire them as it is a waste of crowns. I have no idea how to get in touch with the game devlopers , as I want back the crowns I spent for it . Not even sure they would give me back crowns if I did get in touch with them.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Henchmen are generally a waste of crowns. Your minion or minions will serve you well for free.

Don't bother contacting Wizard101 for your crowns back. You're not likely to get any.

To contact Suppport about anything, click on "Help & Support", the bottom item on the left on the website (including the page you're viewing now), and then "Contact Us" on the bottom.

In the other post of yours that I could find through Google, I saw:

I have been doing the storyline quest , plus a few of the side quest.

You need to backtrack through Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Marleybone and do all of the side quests. That will give you a LOT more experience, which will probably raise your levels, meaning more health and mana, possibly more spells, training points (through Zeke) and (if it puts you past level 35) the ability to get better equipment at the Bazaar. You might even find a side quest or two that award you a spell you missed. Not backtracking will leave you underpowered at every point in the future.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
It sounds more like a reportable problem than anything else. I from time to time use henchmen and they have never done that.

To report, use the help and support tab to the left and tell them what happened and the conditions, etc. They have always gotten back to me quickly.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
MsSandy121 wrote:
I have only been playing a few weeks , and since I really don't know anyone yet , I hire henchmen the majority of the time to help defeat bosses. I did Big Ben yesterday , and when I got to the final floor to fight Meowity , I hired a level 30 life henchman. She kept passing through the rounds , while I was taking all of the beating. Finally when I got to the 8th round , I had to hire more henchmen to help me pass this quest. Throughout the remainder of the duel , the level 30 life henchman kept passing in the rounds , it never even casted a shield or anything. I stongly suggest you never hire them as it is a waste of crowns. I have no idea how to get in touch with the game devlopers , as I want back the crowns I spent for it . Not even sure they would give me back crowns if I did get in touch with them.

She might have been saving up pips or may have been a "glitched" Henchman

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
I suggest you click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this message board.

In my experience, the developers have been very good about refunding crowns if they can verify or reproduce the problem.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
How do you hire henchmen?

Thanks
Jose Seabreaker level 16
Guardian of Ice