Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hibernating...... what a nuisance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
On my computer, every few minutes when I'm on Wizard101, it hibernates. KI, can you fix this?

Administrator
Mike81401 wrote:
On my computer, every few minutes when I'm on Wizard101, it hibernates. KI, can you fix this?

No worries, this is your computer setting not a Wizard101 setting so we can point you to a Microsoft website that help walk you through how to address this issue yourself.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself off altogether. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state:

Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings next to the selected plan.

On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

On the Advanced settings tab, double-click Sleep, double-click Sleep after, and then do one of the following:

If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

Double-click Hibernate after, and then do one of the following:

If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

If you also want the display to stay turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after, and then do one of the following:

Click OK, and then click Save changes.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Mike81401 wrote:

No worries, this is your computer setting not a Wizard101 setting so we can point you to a Microsoft website that help walk you through how to address this issue yourself.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself off altogether. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state:

Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings next to the selected plan.

On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

On the Advanced settings tab, double-click Sleep, double-click Sleep after, and then do one of the following:

Double-click Hibernate after, and then do one of the following:

If you also want the display to stay turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after, and then do one of the following:

Click OK, and then click Save changes.
Thanks Professor!