Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hi i got a new spell but it doesnt work.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
Ok i got a spell put it in my spell book and its called choke. its supposed to stun every enemy. so i used it and some shield thing came on and when it was their turn i thought that they would miss their turn or something but they just casted their spell! It wasnt even a boss!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It isn't a 100% spell for PvE.

Bosses are supposedly immune to Choke, and it can also occasionally miss non-bosses.

It's a pointless spell to use if you're soloing, because you spend a turn and two pips casting it to prevent the enemy from getting a turn. The net effect is that a turn for each side is wasted. and you're out two pips.

It also might be bugged for some reason. Try the spell again on a few enemies. If it doesn't work in two or three more tries, send in a ticket to Support.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
neil9444 wrote:
Ok i got a spell put it in my spell book and its called choke. its supposed to stun every enemy. so i used it and some shield thing came on and when it was their turn i thought that they would miss their turn or something but they just casted their spell! It wasnt even a boss!

were they stun immune?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
neil9444 wrote:

Some bosses are stun immune and therefore choke will not work. I haven't found a fansite yet that depicts accurately which ones are and which ones aren't, so it is trial and error for most.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
neil9444 wrote:
I've noticed that some 'elite' enemies aren't affected by stuns, either, such as some of the clockwork creatures (gearheads and other robot- looking ones). But try the spell on a different type of enemy and see if it works on them. -eli and crew