Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help plz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2008
idk why but when i play wizards 101 not all the time but most of the time i could be walking and then my computur stops then it falls asleep and i could be in battle and i takes about 1:30 mins to get back up then i could ethir be dead or near it plz help im sure you could help

Defender
May 28, 2009
This is not a setting of the game but a setting of your computer (most likely a laptop). In XP (and most other MS Operating Systems) you would check the control panel for a Power Options icon and double click it. Once in the Power Options Properties you will want to focus your attention on two main items.
1. System Standby - on the Power Schemes tab - set to never during gameplay
2. Enable hibernation - on the Hibernate tab - uncheck this during gameplay

While these features are great during normal operation they do not work very well or fail to work smart enough in situations like while giving a presentation or playing a full screen game. I would not suggest that you change these settings permanently if your machine is a laptop because laptops use these features to save on battery power. However, I would suggest that you change the settings before you start playing and then set them back when you are done. On the power schemes tab there is a Save As... button that will allow you to create a power profile that suits your needs while playing Wizard101. If you use this functionality then all you will need to do is change from you current Power scheme to your personally created Wizard101 Power scheme to play and then back again when your done playing.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Your computer shouldn't be going to sleep/standby whilst playing due to mouse/keyboard activity.

Make sure nothing is hitting the sleep/standby or power buttons while you play; there may be buttons on your keyboard and on your case.

(My wife couldn't figure out why she kept losing sound until she caught the cat lying on the mute button.)

In the same Control Panel|Power Options|Advanced tab, there are settings for the power and sleep button; you can disable them to see if those are the culprit.