Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help! My resolution is to big!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
I cant change my resolution since i cant get in game. the browser is to big.I have already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and that didnt work. PLEASE help i cant play wizards!

Administrator
No worries, young Wizard.

Run Wizard101, and BEFORE you sign in click the small red button in the bottom left that says Settings.

It will open a small window, with several tabs at the top.
The second one is labelled Advanced Video, click on that.

Inside that you will see several options and you want to concern yourself with the bottom two:

Fullscreen: Should be unchecked
Resolution: Set it to the lowest numbers

Click OK
This will close the small window.

Now log in to the game, and see if your screen resolution has changed. From there you can adjust it within the game.

If this still doesn't change your screen resolution, please contact Mr Lincoln at support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 23, 2009
Thank you, but now i can't go off of fullscreen? Do you know what's wrong with that?

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
i can tell you. if you can log in to a character. go to settings then go over to fullscreen then click no

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
tjturd wrote:
Thank you, but now i can't go off of fullscreen? Do you know what's wrong with that?

Your computer desktop has a low resolution. That means, the things you see on your desktop look huge and rather fuzzy probably. You can change this.

Go to your desktop and right click anywhere on it that isn't an icon. The desktop is what your screen(monitor) looks like before you click anything. Depending on what version of Windows you are using.

Windows XP-
1. Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
2. In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
3. Drag the Screen resolution slider to the left to decrease the resolution of your monitor, making text and pictures appear larger. Or drag the Screen resolution slider to the right to increase your monitor’s resolution, making text and pictures appear smaller.
4. Click Apply to have the new resolution take effect.
5. If the Monitor Settings dialog box appears, look at your display. If you like the new resolution, click Yes. If you do not like the resolution, click No, and return to step 3 to try a different resolution.
6. Click OK.

Windows Vista
1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

2. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

800x600 is lowest resolution and makes things appear large. The higher number you go, the smaller things will be on your computer. I set mine to 1024x768.

I hope this helps you.