Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help! I hate this problem!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
Every time i try to log in and play, it says that i have a firewall or router restricting the game when i don't. Can I have some help?

Administrator
Mr Lincoln should be able to help you, please contact him through the Help & Support tab, or the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

If you've been able to play before, and this just started happening, try resetting your router/modem, or repairing your computer's internet connection. (Just right click on the icon in the system tray and choose 'repair').

If this is your first time trying to play, it is probably a Firewall or Router blocking access to the program, or the ports that it is trying to communicate through. Please make sure that Wizard101 is on your Firewall's exceptions list (this allows it to access the internet). You can also make the following changes to port settings on your Firewall and/or Router.
The ports to allow: tcp 12000 for login, tcp 12500 for patch, tcp/udp 12000-12999 for game

If you have recieved this error and have already opened up the necessary ports, then please try checking for other firewalls on your computer. It may be that one firewall could be set up to block certain IP ranges or is blocking the program Wizard101. If you can temporarily disable that firewall, the patches should be able to load.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-