Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have Money. Will Spend it.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 11, 2010
What have you bought from the Crowns Store?

And what was PROVIDED to you when you bought it?

And, dare I ask, what exactly do these items do?

WHERE, pray tell, does one discover EXACTLY what is contained in these "value packs", "bonus bundles", "epic 'gardening/whatever' packages"? ... and HOW does one LEARN what Beastmaster clothing DOES based upon the crown shop displays? I am told (forum scanning) it increases the pet/gardening power bulb. Really? Anything else?

If I want to buy a Griffon, do I really have to get in my car, drive to the mall, and manually purchase the "epic bundle" only available from Gamestop? ... or was it Walmart? And again, this information "happened by" my attention while scanning the forum.

Wu sells a "package of gardening cards". Look it up. Am I supposed to buy the product unseen, undescribed, and undocumented ... HOPING I will like what I get for my crowns while I am making purchasing decisions with my head in a strange and curious place?

And last, but not least, is there ANY consideration for those of us with REAL money, ready to SPEND it, that are NOT attracted to "free" games at the new "sister-site" or redeeming "promotional code freebies" obtainable only from enduring a Saturday morning of mind-numbing television? Or was it from eating poor food prepared by a clown and somehow saving the "codes" etched on the sandwich wrappers?

Where's the LOVE!!!!!

As a certified Baby Boomer, am I not a member of the highest luxury spending demographic since the Pharoahs? As a descendant of Mayflower stock whose VERY large family HATES to take their children with me to amusement parks because we ain 't leaving until it closes and "He has his own money. Sigh. Apparently ... limitless." ... do you NOT wish to profit from my ... "indulgences"?

Here is my money.

Take it.

Please.

Give me a place to spend it.

An effortless place. A place where I can see what I am buying. A place where an "adult", lmho, would CHOOSE to spend time, and money, enhancing the Wizard101 experience.

P.S. ... Get off the lawn!!! ... ;) rotflmho.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
I am not too sure what you are talking about. But, crown items in celestia that would help my wizard from getting beat in regular street fights would be nice... If that helps back up what you seem to be talking about...
And, how do you get to be a certified baby boomer? is there a test you take? what member benefits do you get? Oh, and how much does it cost?

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:

And, how do you get to be a certified baby boomer? is there a test you take? what member benefits do you get? Oh, and how much does it cost?

Sorry, but if you don't know what a Baby Boomer is, you certainly are not one. :D

I agree, I really wish we had more stuff to buy. More clothing items (currently, no crown clothing items in Celestia), more housing items, more pets, ... just more of everything.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Well lets see.

Whe you go to the crown store (that's the picture of the little crown in the upper left hand corner of your screen in game) there are different tabs at the top. Each tab has different categories of items.

If you go into one of the tabs, it will show you a picture of the various items along with their name. You can also change this to be a sortable list.

If you mouse over an item, it will give you a description, just like if you went to the bazaar or a regular vendor. This description inclueds the stats that the item gives you and other useful information (like No Auction). Some items will have no description except the No Auction, No Sell, etc. These items are purely cosmetic and only change your appearence.

Some of the items will give you random things. For example, the pet mega snack pack or whatever it's called. You get 7 snack cards which will boost various pet stats. The total amount each card can boost the pets stats by is between 25 and 50. This is spread out between at least 3 different stats. It is random but worth it every time.

The Epic Bundle was advertised when you first were logging on to W101 when it was released about three months ago. Yes, you actually have to get up out of your computer chair and go out into the real world and interact with people face to face to acquire this Gift card along with the other various gift cards available. I know there is a list of them on this web site but can't be bothered to do a search for you to give you exact directions on how to get to that page.

This game was designed and targeted for teens and tweens, not 50-60 year old people. The fact that adults, including myself, enjoy playing the game just proves just how well this game was designed. Despite that, the point of this game is to give younger people, who would probably find WoW and other similar games, too complicated a game that they can undestand and have fun with.

So rather than get on here and post a rant that makes you sound the same age as the targeted demographic for this game, be an adult and either pay attention to what you are doing (because it is really easy and mostly self explainitory) or politely ask for help either from your kids or grandkids or other people on these boards.

As I said above, the place to spend your money is the Crown Shop. Everything is fairly simple, after all it is targeted towards children, and only takes a few minutes to get your character some nice shiney new clothes or a permanent mount.

P.S. ... Stop being a grumpy old man sitting in his rocking chair on the porch yelling at people who walk by and actually do something useful!!! ... rofl.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
When you wrote : WHERES THE LOVE" I thought: ' No where near you'. I think your overreacting about not seeing your gardening trading cads. wow! OMG i cant see my cards fomr old lady gardening! I do kinda maybe slightly agree with what your saying but I think your overacting

Sorry, I speak the truth

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:
I am not too sure what you are talking about. But, crown items in celestia that would help my wizard from getting beat in regular street fights would be nice... If that helps back up what you seem to be talking about...
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:
I am not too sure what you are talking about. ... If that helps back up what you seem to be talking about...

LOL !!!!! There is no test for "boomer" certification. You earn it by spending life's XP in world changing endeavor's. The only benefit is the self satisfaction one gets from seeing that your actions ... combined with those of MANY others ... made a difference, changed the very world in which we live ... most of it, without firing a single shot. The only cost of membership is the spending of your time ... on the road less traveled ... ;).

Back on topic ...

I did not mean for this to sound like a complaint ... I asked questions (Humorous? I hope!) hoping SOMEBODY could show me what I have OBVIOUSLY missed.

Please. Everybody. Go to the Crown Shop. Look at the items that are for sale there. For example ...

Would you buy the Beastmaster clothes based upon what you see? SHOW me where it SAYS these clothes increase the pet training power bulb. I would have bought GOBS if I had known wearing these clothes substantially INCREASE the pet and ... GARDENING ... power bulb! LOL!!!! I would have paid almost ANYTHING for the ability to DOUBLE my gardening bulb when I had 80 plants to service a few weeks ago!!!

Wu sells a "Gardening ... Pack" ... What's in it? What kind of seeds, if any? What kind of Gardening Treasure Cards, if any? Other than it "helps" you garden, how can one decide if it is time to buy the product? Are any of these "aides" level dependent? Am I going to be able to USE them today? or WEEKS from now when I have advanced further in gardening ability?

I have two nephews chomping at the bit for a Griffon mount. Is it in the Crown Shop? No. Is it in the Wizard101 Store? No. Is it "announced" in a Ravenwood bulletin? No. Ask people who are riding them where they got them? ... "I dunno. Mom bought it." Ask ANOTHER person riding it ... "Gamestop I think. Mom bought it." ... What did she buy at Gamestop to get the Griffon mount? ... "idk. Might not have been Gamestop. Might have been a free gift code." Free gift code? "Yeah. My little sister writes 'em down off the TV Saturday morning." What show? "idk" What time is it on? "idk" Is your mom home? "idk ... wait 1" ... "no" Thanks for your time, appreciate it. "np FLAME ON!!!! Dude!!!! FYRE RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Searching the forums I found the Griffon mount is part of an "Epic Bundle" that you purchase at Gamestop. I THINK it was Gamestop anyway. But I suspect that this "bundle" contains some crowns, a subscription, maybe even some treasure cards and some clothes. Can't see the picture on the cover of the package so ... "idk." rotflmho!!!!!

Already have all the subscriptions and crowns I want. Blindly buying "packs of n" treasure cards or spending crowns randomly opening "surprise" obelisk chests in The Spiral lost their "carny" allure for me right after I snuck under the walls of the tent where the Queen of Sheba was performing the "Dance of the Seven Veils" ... without six of them ...

I accept I cannot get Griffons for my nephews. It is some sort of promotional effort that is NOT tailored to those of us already here.

It is WRONG! But I accept it.

It is also BAD for business. This is a BRANDED product. There is a high demand for these "virtual properties", Griffons, Beastmaster clothes, etc. etc. ... they cost nothing to manufacture, nothing to ship, they have no inventory costs, but people want to use them to enhance their virtual gaming experience and are willing to PAY for the privilege.

If George Lucas had THIS kind of business model to apply to his Star Wars panthenon? He'd roll over in his grave ... and I don't think he's even dead yet. But SOMEBODY ought to be .... lmho!!!!!!!

I am NOT advocating "selling" the game's accomplishments. Earned trophies are supposed to be hard to get. I do NOT support buying your way into PVP rankings, or solving the games problems with a pocket book.

But NO THING - EVER - should be made available during a promotion that is not ALSO made available to existing subscribers on an "unbundled" basis via the Crowns Shop. And EVERYTHING sold in the Crown Shop should be FULLY documented, and clearly displayed so that intelligent decisions can be made concerning their purchase.

I am NOT going to "the mall" - don't need anything there but bigscreens.
I am NOT going to any restaurant with pictures on the cash register keys - for ANY reason.
My TV schedule does NOT include ANYTHING before 2000 zulu outside of the Superbowl, the World Series, and they are the only "reality" shows I watch.
And I would not write down a "gift code" if Moses smote it on a rock and brought it down from the Mount. Not big on coupons either.

But I do play games.
I do like this one.
And I do have money to spend here.

Just put what I want to buy in the Crown Store and I'll Left-Click your profit donkey to Nirvana grade happiness ... ;)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
epic bundle includes: prestigious gear, modeled after warlord battle armor gear.
an ancient spear of power, gives seven cards on of each school (all wand hits)
massive fantasy palace, a castle complete with hidden rooms and hallways, an arena circle, and floating island.
a choice between either a subscription or 5000 crowns.
a housing elixir that will grant an extra housing slot.
and the much sought after Swift Gryphon. the card itself costs $39 and is available at gamestop. hope i wasnt to late responding to the post

cya in the spiral

paul stormglade, level 60 diviner
paul ironflame level 50 pyromancer
paul frostmancer level 5 thaumaturge
paul deathwielder level 5 deathwielder