Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaking issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2019
Not sure if this is a bug or extremely unlucky however I have been pet breeding on 4 wizards (one of which is balance for hopes of a potentially higher chance) for the past couple weeks trying to get an enchanted armor pet body from the pet kiosk using a variety of pets (mainly using base Piggle or Frankenbunny, though have also used rare (not crowns) pets in an effort to increase chances of the less rare pet occurring) and have yet to see even one pet body different to the only I have already put in. I have ~5 pages of Frankenbunnies and Piggles on each of these wizards and am getting pretty sick at breeding in general as it has so far been a waste of time and gold. Is this plain unluckiness, or is there another factor at work that I haven't considered for breeding.

As an additional side-note this is not the first time something like this as happened as it doesn't seem to matter what pet I am breeding for, I keep getting the pet I put back in.

I just need help, validation, or something because frankly I am at a loss for something I have wasted weeks on.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2018
I was looking for a friends pet to hatch with. She has it in the kiosk. I used the talent search. I first tried with all 5 talents. It said there weren't any matches. Tried with 4 talents still no matches. Tried with 3 talents. It found matches. Went through all the pets found. Her pet wasn't listed. Tried by pet type and found it there. Double checked the talents I searched for and they matched what I had searched for.

Also not sure if this is a "feature" or a bug. I found a pet I wanted to hatch with. I'm not sure if I had hatched with it before. Since I have been trying to build up stats and talents on a couple wizards. They had max stats and good talents. It says this pet is not available at this time. I was wondering because I had hatched with it before or is there another reason. This has happened several times.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
68bug on Dec 3, 2019 wrote:
I was looking for a friends pet to hatch with. She has it in the kiosk. I used the talent search. I first tried with all 5 talents. It said there weren't any matches. Tried with 4 talents still no matches. Tried with 3 talents. It found matches. Went through all the pets found. Her pet wasn't listed. Tried by pet type and found it there. Double checked the talents I searched for and they matched what I had searched for.

Also not sure if this is a "feature" or a bug. I found a pet I wanted to hatch with. I'm not sure if I had hatched with it before. Since I have been trying to build up stats and talents on a couple wizards. They had max stats and good talents. It says this pet is not available at this time. I was wondering because I had hatched with it before or is there another reason. This has happened several times.
Hello, 68bug! Here are some possible reasons:

Pets in the Hatchmaking Kiosk only stay in there for a week after they're placed, then they are automatically removed.

Someone else may have hatched with that pet. A pet that has been hatched with in the Kiosk cannot be hatched with again for a time.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2018
Thnx for the response Lookit Light. If that's the case on the time I wish at least they would put a timer so you'd know if it will be available soon.

Sparck anything on why the search seems to have a glitch? Her pet was available for hatch so that's not it.