Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hacker?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Earlier today, I was in girl's dorm and a male player poofed in. He said, "Hi!". Then he opened Trade; he had a couple hundred trading cards. I said I wasn't interested and asked him, "How did you get in here". No answer. In the meantime, he faced my bank and lingered there a minute or so. Then, he poofed out.

Now, am I a complete and utter noob and is this normal and acceptable? How DID he get in? What was his purpose? I definitely had the impression he was there to loot stuff. I'm certain he was disappointed in what I had to offer if that was the case.

I have his player name, but won't post it in case I am the idiot instead of him. :)

Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks

Not a hacker, definitely.
This person teleported to you, which means you have them on your Friends List.

Players cannot access your bank in any way. When a player teleports to your home and interacts with the bank, they see their own bank, not yours.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

Players cannot access your bank in any way. When a player teleports to your home and interacts with the bank, they see their own bank, not yours.
I know what you said is true, but it sounded like the person had no clue who this person was, but dont worry, he sees his own bank, not yours so he cant steal anything :-)

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
Mattcactus wrote:
ProspectorZeke wrote:

I know what you said is true, but it sounded like the person had no clue who this person was, but dont worry, he sees his own bank, not yours so he cant steal anything :-)

Thanks for responding. :) No, didn't know him and he didn't respond to my questions. Also, disappointed to find I can only edit my friend's list if friends are actually online. The list would be far more useful if editing didn't depend on that.

Thanks again!

Hero
May 27, 2009
As I understand it, it's possible you had him on your friends' list way back when but removed him from your list when he was offline. You remain on HIS friends' list, so he can still port to you. He would not be able to offer you a trade if you weren't on his friends' list.

Perhaps you are lucky and he has already removed you, but, if it were to ever happen again, quickly click on his name, Ignore him, then remove him.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
slbbw wrote:
Mattcactus wrote:
ProspectorZeke wrote:

Thanks for responding. :) No, didn't know him and he didn't respond to my questions. Also, disappointed to find I can only edit my friend's list if friends are actually online. The list would be far more useful if editing didn't depend on that.

Thanks again!
np ROFL

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
As I understand it, it's possible you had him on your friends' list way back when but removed him from your list when he was offline. You remain on HIS friends' list, so he can still port to you. He would not be able to offer you a trade if you weren't on his friends' list.

Perhaps you are lucky and he has already removed you, but, if it were to ever happen again, quickly click on his name, Ignore him, then remove him.
yeah, what he said

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
idk if this has to do with with what any of this is talking about but like if I am in a pvp with someone and I talk. To them all of a suddent they can text chat me when I am not even on their friends list

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Just a thought - I only only accepts friends in pay areas. And even then, only in areas that quests are, so for instance the Jade Palace area of Mooshu (like the Commons on Wizard City), I decline friend offers.

I know it sounds mean, but its works, and you have the bonus of your friends will be about the same level as you are, with the same quests.