Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gurtok and mallistaire's chest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
I spend more than 2 thousand crowns and those chest kept on giving me gold subsequently instead of items. this is not right. Noticed this since the upgrade.

i am so mad

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
i have noticed this also and i also am very upset by this and so is everyone that i know

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Ya hello if we want gold we can buy with crowns hello wiz people and the cost of hatchery is OUTRAGEOUS.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Unfortunately i ran into this too. The first times i did it, I got nothing but the gear (Athames, Rings, Robes). Second time i went around, I got to malistaire and after about ~4 tries it was nothing but gold. Third time i tried Gurtok three times. All gold. However malistaire that time did give his normal stuff, and i ended up getting the robe i needed :-P. Since we're on the topic of this, I notice throwing in crowns gives you DOUBLE of the gear. For instance say i throw in crowns in Malistaire's chest and get the Unhallowed Robe. Instead of one appearing in my inventory, TWO appear. After one run through the Spyre throwing in ~3000 crowns. I had over 4 pages of loot.

Historian
May 15, 2009
let me make thsi simple for you
DONT spend all those crowns seriously if you did not get good loot after
1-2 timews then STOP and co,e back after you beat that dungeon and start over and toss in 1-2 times AGAIN if you waste 2000 crowns on a SINGLE trip thats sad
you want to max out as much as you can like i do

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Ok two things chaos.

1. We all had the common sense to stop when we realized we weren't getting anything but gold.

2. Who the heck are you to tell me what i should or shouldn't spend my crowns on? I paid for those WITH MY OWN MONEY. That typically entitles i'm free to spend that whichever i please. I don't tell you what you should or shouldn't buy. It's none of my business just like this is none of yours.

Stating for the record : I had nothing to better to spend the crowns on anyway. I got the permanent mount which is all i wanted.

Historian
May 15, 2009
StormrunnerX7 wrote:
Ok two things chaos.

1. We all had the common sense to stop when we realized we weren't getting anything but gold.

2. Who the heck are you to tell me what i should or shouldn't spend my crowns on? I paid for those WITH MY OWN MONEY. That typically entitles i'm free to spend that whichever i please. I don't tell you what you should or shouldn't buy. It's none of my business just like this is none of yours.

Stating for the record : I had nothing to better to spend the crowns on anyway. I got the permanent mount which is all i wanted.

i am stating the truth if you wanna snap at me that's your issue, but the fact of the matter is that 2000 crowns was spent on a chest that's a Major waste almost half of what the store gift cards get u
i am simply giving you a suggestion
snap at me all you want, but this is the simple truth
you wasted money with crowns you could have saved and used some other time like say when the new world comes out which isnt that far away now

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Well, in all honesty, I haven't had a single problem with the Chest, first Crown from Malistaire gave Me Armor straight away, but unfortunately - not Mine. :p

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
StormrunnerX7 wrote:
Ok two things chaos.

i am stating the truth if you wanna snap at me that's your issue, but the fact of the matter is that 2000 crowns was spent on a chest that's a Major waste almost half of what the store gift cards get u
you wasted money with crowns you could have saved and used some other time like say when the new world comes out which isnt that far away now

I am afraid chaos that you are going a bit over the top with this. There was no need to remind people about being sensible about crowns. if you think this is not sensible then take a look at my friend he could not be bothered to go to the dye shop and change his guardian outfits colours, instead he went and bought a whole new set. Thats over 14,000 crowns. One more thing, i can tell you were slightly wound up when typing this answer because of the multiple typo's. If you want to answer a question do so calmly not in a rushed maner.

Jordan Mooneyes
Lvl 33 Conjurer

Historian
May 15, 2009
samalmighty wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
StormrunnerX7 wrote:
Ok two things chaos.

I am afraid chaos that you are going a bit over the top with this. There was no need to remind people about being sensible about crowns. if you think this is not sensible then take a look at my friend he could not be bothered to go to the dye shop and change his guardian outfits colours, instead he went and bought a whole new set. Thats over 14,000 crowns. One more thing, i can tell you were slightly wound up when typing this answer because of the multiple typo's. If you want to answer a question do so calmly not in a rushed maner.

Jordan Mooneyes
Lvl 33 Conjurer

i do not see the typos that you speak of

and dude that is horrible 14k crowns wasted because your friend was too lazy to dye his clothes?

thats a lot of money down the drain

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I noticed this too. Like you, i fought the gurtoks after the update and spent A LOT of crowns just to get gold. After the update, whenever i go with friends to fight them, i jst told them not to bother with the chest because it's a waste of crowns.

Community Leader
Make sure before you use 2nd chance boxes your back pack isnt full, if it is you will get gold.