Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gremlins in the chat and game features

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
Since the last update, I've noticed I'm really having a hard time with chat. As I am chatting, if I hit certain letters or the space bar to separate the words, my spellbook opens or I jump in the air, or scoot backwards or it puts itself to private chat with whoever I spoke to last. Its really annoying and cumbersome. It seems I am not the only person with this problem, either.

Also, during battle, I'll pick a spell, pick an enemy and move my cursor out of the way. The game will take it upon itself to cancel my spell! This happens quite frequently! I've also had problems with the game using my potion bottles without me clicking on it.

These might seem like small glitches to you, but to me, its ruining my game experience. If something isn't done very soon about it, I'm afraid I won't want to play the game due to the frustration of it. I do not believe it is on my end as I am not the only person with these problems. I just chose to speak up.

Thank you.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Hanamana wrote:
Since the last update, I've noticed I'm really having a hard time with chat. As I am chatting, if I hit certain letters or the space bar to separate the words, my spellbook opens or I jump in the air, or scoot backwards or it puts itself to private chat with whoever I spoke to last. Its really annoying and cumbersome. It seems I am not the only person with this problem, either.

Also, during battle, I'll pick a spell, pick an enemy and move my cursor out of the way. The game will take it upon itself to cancel my spell! This happens quite frequently! I've also had problems with the game using my potion bottles without me clicking on it.

These might seem like small glitches to you, but to me, its ruining my game experience. If something isn't done very soon about it, I'm afraid I won't want to play the game due to the frustration of it. I do not believe it is on my end as I am not the only person with these problems. I just chose to speak up.

Thank you.

You are not alone (and bump). I am experiencing the same difficulties since the recent updates. The cancellation of a cast spell is the most frustrating of these because I have missed casting due to this update in the programming. Also, since I am not into playing the mini games, I am quite unhappy that my potion bottles get used especially when I am already full. The chat has become worse with the recent updates. It used to be that if you wrote a text in the pulic chat and meant it for a whisper you could use the arrow key to scroll through your last communications to resend the message to the right person. This feature is gone. Probably due to spammers in the commons, but that was a nice feature that has legimate use for users.