Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grandmasters vs. Legendary wizards in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Hey KingsIsle.
I am REALLY angry.! I'm mad about how you haven't changed anything about PvP for people UNDER level 58.!
My balance, lvl 53 (CHristpoher Silver) has been facing legendary wizards in ranked pvp, when he doesn't have critical hits like they do, and high stats, and critical blocks. And no lvl 58 spell. I always lose to them because of their critical hits.! It's so annoying, and I went from a Commander to a veteran because of it.
I would like it if you could make something for people UNDER lvl 57 to not have to fight these unfair matches against lvl 60 wizards. And when i win against one of them, I go up like 6. I JUST lost to a legendary death and went down by 24. It's just wrong.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
Hey, I just turned 37 and it is happening to me most of the times I pvp.

I think 4 out of 7, maybe it was 5, but my rating dropped like a stone too.

Maybe it should be 2 legendary vs 4 non?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
I mentioned this issue on this forum a long time ago... Didn't get any response.

One easy resolution is to give players EQUAL reward per win. If you deem the level 60 private as the same power level as the 56 Commander then at the very least give the level 56 Commander the same amount of points when he win then when he lose (since they are the same power level, why not?).

Trust me, your case is much less unfair then when my level 16 Commander tries to get Warlord and had to fight level 37 privates all day long earning 2-3 points per win and 27 points per loss. The grind is incredibly slow. When I am PvP'ing with my level 26 now, I am facing level 45s... I am thinking this will only be fair once I get to level 60. I don't even remember the last time I faced someone in my level bracket.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Desferous wrote:
Hey, I just turned 37 and it is happening to me most of the times I pvp.

I think 4 out of 7, maybe it was 5, but my rating dropped like a stone too.

Maybe it should be 2 legendary vs 4 non?

I see two reasons ot to do this .
First of all , just think... do yu really think KI is going to take the time to find two legendary wizards and 4 mid level wizards and match them up.?
Second, KI made the queue's for arena at 1v1 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 . I don't think they'd take the time to make a 2v4 and 4v1 and all tht .
Third , just which team do yu think people gone want to join.? the 4v4 team. If KI made 2v4 it could be any combination.... (e.g. four legendary again TWO adept)

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
There is no problem with the way PVP is set up. When you go to PVP, you can set up parameters on potential opponents. One of those parameters is level. So, simply set your limit below level 55, when the gear can really make a big difference. Before that point, you can get critical boosts, but you tend to have to give up too much in other boosts for it to really be worthwhile. As for one of the other posters, why would a level 37 wizard even think about fighting a legendary wizard? I know some have gotten used to beating some higher level wizards using special treasure cards, but there is a huge jump when you hit the mid 50s. There needs to be, given the challenges faced in Celestia. Instead of complaining about what KI should do, get better acquainted with the controls that KI has already put into the game. You can control the level range of the wizards you face in PVP already. Make use of those controls and show some common sense when setting them, and your problem is solved.