Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitch with Strong Smooth Words Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
I was doing the quest "Strong Smooth Words" quest in Azteca in the Twin Giants area and believe I encountered a bug/glitch. After completing the very long fight against the two bosses, I freed the prisoner and then immediately after, the bosses respawned and the dialog "Kill the Wizard!" came up. The quest showed for me to defeat the two bosses again. I looked up online to see if this was supposed to happen on the quest tree, and sure enough it only says to defeat the bosses once. I messaged my friends who already completed and and they all said they only defeated them once, and it didn't respawn for them. I've never had this problem for me ever before while encountering other bosses. I tried leaving the dungeon to see if it would fix the problem, but the quest continues to show that I have to defeat the bosses again.

Not sure as to why this has happened...

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Something similar to this happened to a friend and me (both of us) when we fought Baba Yaga a couple of years ago. During our battle, each of us was killed and ported out to regain some health. We left at separate times and both ported back ASAP, losing no more than one round of battle. Unfortunately, we both did this after Baba Yaga had been defeated but while one of her minions was still standing.

As a result of us fleeing to heal after she was defeated, we didn't get credit for killing her. This, even though we both returned immediately, there was always one of us active in the battle at all times, and we were both alive when the battle ended.

Not sure if that's what happened to you, but that kind of aggravating situation does turn up from time to time. The only cure is repeating the battle. Unfortunately.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Freshta on Aug 28, 2018 wrote:
Something similar to this happened to a friend and me (both of us) when we fought Baba Yaga a couple of years ago. During our battle, each of us was killed and ported out to regain some health. We left at separate times and both ported back ASAP, losing no more than one round of battle. Unfortunately, we both did this after Baba Yaga had been defeated but while one of her minions was still standing.

As a result of us fleeing to heal after she was defeated, we didn't get credit for killing her. This, even though we both returned immediately, there was always one of us active in the battle at all times, and we were both alive when the battle ended.

Not sure if that's what happened to you, but that kind of aggravating situation does turn up from time to time. The only cure is repeating the battle. Unfortunately.

Alia Misthaven
Alia, in your case it wasn't a glitch with you and your friend not getting credit for Baba Yaga. I'm clearly not that far yet in the game as I just started Azteca on my main wizard (my storm) so I am not sure how tough a battle Baba Yaga is and no I don't want to hear spoilers. But despite that, you and your friend made the voluntary choice to flee the battle, therefore forfeiting credit obtained towards defeating Baba Yaga and reaping her drops as rewards. I am not sure if anyone reads the warning you get when you press Flee, but long story short, the game warns you that you will NOT receive credit for any enemies defeated while you're gone. Basically, if you and your friend were both defeated at Baba Yaga, or any boss, and the boss is already defeated and only the minion stands, the only solution is to call in a healer to heal you guys or just do the battle over again. It's annoying, yes, but I'm persistent. It took me a solid 3 hours to defeat Sir Malory from Ghost Avalon because he was crazy strong and really gave me a run for my money. The adrenaline was really rushing when I finally defeated him and was able to pursue my questing. And before you guys start telling me to get help from a max, I don't do that. I believe relying on others too much and using maxes as a crutch only makes me play worse because maxes aren't always there to help you out in tough spots. You gotta learn how to stand on your own two feet and beat bosses on your own. That's why I am starting Azteca at level 86 now, because I spammed a lot of sides to power level myself. Side quests won't progress you in the main story and they're optional, but take it from me, the extra experience you get from them is really worth it. I'm crazy strong and unstoppable at this point in the game. Only Sir Malory, White Dragon, and Black Dragon gave me a run for my money so far. Everything else, I did solo without help

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 86 Diviner, Promethean Crafter, Lore Spell Enthusiast)