Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gauntlet Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Earlier today, I was doing the Spiral Cup gauntlet with my friend. I had to leave to do something, then i used dungeon recall. When i came back, i couldn't find my friends. I went to do the Winterbane Gauntlet, and it happened again! Only this time, one of the earlier bosses reappeared. Is this a glitch or a newly discovered bug?

If you could fix this, thank you so much!

Edward Wildbreeze, lvl 37

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
My wife and I had a problem with this gauntlet as well. In our case we finally defeated the final boss, but received no credit for it (no treasure and our quest prompt said that we needed to defeat him). I reported it here a week ago, but never received any response from anyone at KI.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Indigo Ring on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
My wife and I had a problem with this gauntlet as well. In our case we finally defeated the final boss, but received no credit for it (no treasure and our quest prompt said that we needed to defeat him). I reported it here a week ago, but never received any response from anyone at KI.
Did one or both of you flee after the boss was killed, but when the minions were still alive? That would result in not getting credit.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Did one or both of you flee after the boss was killed, but when the minions were still alive? That would result in not getting credit.
Huh. No we died repeatedly but did not flee

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Hi Nathaniel. I am pretty sure we were both preset when the boss went down. Neither of us ever fled, but we were both knocked out once (obviously at different points), but in both cases it was swig a potion, run right back in - arriving in the turn after we went out of action. At least one of us had to be present when the Boss went down or the fight would have ended, but neither of us received credit for defeating him.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Indigo Ring on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
Hi Nathaniel. I am pretty sure we were both preset when the boss went down. Neither of us ever fled, but we were both knocked out once (obviously at different points), but in both cases it was swig a potion, run right back in - arriving in the turn after we went out of action. At least one of us had to be present when the Boss went down or the fight would have ended, but neither of us received credit for defeating him.
It doesn't matter if you were present or not when the boss died, if you left AFTER he died. If you killed the boss, then a minion kills you, you flee, potion, return and kill the minion... you have only killed the minion from the game's view. If neither of you survived the entire battle after killing the boss, neither of you would get credit.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
seethe42 on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
It doesn't matter if you were present or not when the boss died, if you left AFTER he died. If you killed the boss, then a minion kills you, you flee, potion, return and kill the minion... you have only killed the minion from the game's view. If neither of you survived the entire battle after killing the boss, neither of you would get credit.
The quest goal was still the same (the last boss), but one of the previous bosses still spawned again

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
That could be what happened, Seethe42... it has been well over a week so I am not sure how it went now. We were defeated once, beat him the second time, and at least one of those fights he was the last to fall. But I don't remember if that was the case the time we finished all of them.

So, the game is set up so that you can start the fight, defeat them all, but not receive any credit for you victory under these circumstances. Not a bug, but how the game is designed? If true, that is even more disappointing than it would have been with a bug.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Survivor
Dec 31, 2013
I just got the bundle for the stuff i'm not a big fan of things like that.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Indigo Ring on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
That could be what happened, Seethe42... it has been well over a week so I am not sure how it went now. We were defeated once, beat him the second time, and at least one of those fights he was the last to fall. But I don't remember if that was the case the time we finished all of them.

So, the game is set up so that you can start the fight, defeat them all, but not receive any credit for you victory under these circumstances. Not a bug, but how the game is designed? If true, that is even more disappointing than it would have been with a bug.
Not sure if it's on purpose or not, but it does make a little sense. You need to be in the battle when the boss dies and alive when the battle ends without having fled after the boss died. You can die and be healed, but if you flee after the boss died, the game sees the battle you are in as just you and the remaining minions. That's why you get no boss credit or drops. From the game's view it's pretty much like someone porting in after the bosses have died, but a minion is alive... when the battle ends he gets nothing. By fleeing and porting back you are basically doing the same thing.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I was just running tower of the helephant with a group of friends, and we we're doing the if you die, just recall back, but when I did this, it reset the entire dungeon for me, we were on Lyon Lorestriker, and had him to half health, please, KingsIsle, fix this, this has happened multiple time, but this is the worst by far~Blaze Battleshield Lvl 71