Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gardening problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Game did updates 8/21-8/22 and now today when I use flute symphony TC or flute ensamble , it doesn't work. The flute solo works. Doing one plant at a time in a garden of 25 plants takes awhile and uses energy. It worked fine before the updates---well almost fine. It did lag after the spell was cast on multi plant spells. ..and still does. Hoping this gets fixed so I don't lose my garden. Thanks.

Administrator
LuckyLarry740 on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
Game did updates 8/21-8/22 and now today when I use flute symphony TC or flute ensamble , it doesn't work. The flute solo works. Doing one plant at a time in a garden of 25 plants takes awhile and uses energy. It worked fine before the updates---well almost fine. It did lag after the spell was cast on multi plant spells. ..and still does. Hoping this gets fixed so I don't lose my garden. Thanks.
This should work now! Please let us know if you're still having troubles.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
When I use the Gardening TC spells my game freezes. I can not do anything but shut down my laptop. Please Help.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
KevinGoldShield on Sep 12, 2018 wrote:
When I use the Gardening TC spells my game freezes. I can not do anything but shut down my laptop. Please Help.
I know it's not a full solution, but I've found 2 ways that massively reduce the freeze time:

1. Go into your garden area but do not cast any spells. Leave the area (eg plants outside, go inside) then return to the area with plants...now cast your spells.

It seems the triggering of new needs/stage takes a little while to catch up but leaving and coming back allows it to affect everything at once instead of one plant at a time. When we cast a spell it is just updating the one change instead of getting caught up trying to update from the trigger and simultaneously update from the spell.

2. Cast a spell then run away so you can not see the plants! Run into a corner or wall and keep running...the freeze will happen but only for a moment then you can move again.

I know it sounds weird (and we look daft doing it) but maybe the lag is being caused by the animations and somehow if we can't see them they don't mess up.

I genuinely don't know why either of these work to reduce the freeze/lag from casting spells. I do know these methods significantly reduce the lag for me. It is very rare for a freeze to result in having to quit and log back in now and when it does it is because I've forgotten to do either of the above.

Try them and let us know how you get on. I hope they work for you too!

PS. To avoid the 30 second cool down of porting home you can use teleporters to enter, exit then re-enter the gardening area more quickly.