Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Lag

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Hello,

So I noticed that when the new Wizard City update came out, there were multiple sub-updates. One of which was fixing the gardening lag.

While gardening now, instead of my screen lagging completely until another gardening spell is used, it freezes for a second, then goes away. However, occasionally I am still receiving a lot of lag. I don't think that my garden is too big, its only a double stacked plot of couch potatoes, and I'm still having this issue

Any tips or recommendations from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good day!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
AJ The Wiz Kid on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
Hello,

So I noticed that when the new Wizard City update came out, there were multiple sub-updates. One of which was fixing the gardening lag.

While gardening now, instead of my screen lagging completely until another gardening spell is used, it freezes for a second, then goes away. However, occasionally I am still receiving a lot of lag. I don't think that my garden is too big, its only a double stacked plot of couch potatoes, and I'm still having this issue

Any tips or recommendations from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good day!
I have big gardens that suffer badly from lag but I have found that if i enter the garden, leave, then re-enter the updates to plants don't go one plant at a time, rather they all update simultaneously.

I think the lag issue may be caused by plants updating when we enter but having to re-update when we take an action on them, causing them to freak out a bit lol. I might be wrong about why it is happening but leaving and coming back before casting the first spell works for me.

I've placed teleporters so I can exit and enter the area without having to port out and back. This saves me having to wait for the 30 seconds required before porting again. It also works to go through the house door into the other area (eg visit plants outside, go into the house and then back outside again) but if you have plants in both areas you might not want to trigger both sets of needs, in which case teleporters can be very helpful

If you give this a try please let us know how you get on and if it works for you too! Good luck and happy gardening!

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
I have big gardens that suffer badly from lag but I have found that if i enter the garden, leave, then re-enter the updates to plants don't go one plant at a time, rather they all update simultaneously.

I think the lag issue may be caused by plants updating when we enter but having to re-update when we take an action on them, causing them to freak out a bit lol. I might be wrong about why it is happening but leaving and coming back before casting the first spell works for me.

I've placed teleporters so I can exit and enter the area without having to port out and back. This saves me having to wait for the 30 seconds required before porting again. It also works to go through the house door into the other area (eg visit plants outside, go into the house and then back outside again) but if you have plants in both areas you might not want to trigger both sets of needs, in which case teleporters can be very helpful

If you give this a try please let us know how you get on and if it works for you too! Good luck and happy gardening!
Thank you so much :)

This helped me a lot!

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I actually believe it has to do with the ring when using a gardening spell you can reproduce the lag by clicking on a gardening spell that covers an area and when the ring appears move your mouse and you will get the lag. The lag will also go away if you stop moving your mouse. So I believe it is caused by the ring itself. Maybe it’s not optimized or something??

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Pyle1197 on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
I actually believe it has to do with the ring when using a gardening spell you can reproduce the lag by clicking on a gardening spell that covers an area and when the ring appears move your mouse and you will get the lag. The lag will also go away if you stop moving your mouse. So I believe it is caused by the ring itself. Maybe it’s not optimized or something??
I don't think moving the ring with your mouse was actually intended to cause lag, if that's true, then Kingsisle must've failed to fix it.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Actually I was partially wrong it’s moving your mouse in general while in gardening mode.