Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening glitches

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Been having a lot of problems in my red barn garden. I have a bric a brac elixir to bring it to 300. But this is happening even if the item count isn't maxed. I don't have anything stacked so that shouldn't be a problem.

Having a lot of problems harvesting by pressing on the x button. Sometimes I may not even be able to harvest at all unless I individually click each tiger lily. Leaving the outside and going in the house sometimes helps. But other times even going to the wizard selection screen doesn't help. The harvest pop up will show for just a split second then disappear, but nothing is harvested and the plant still needs harvesting.

Also getting plants misidentified. My tiger lilies were showing up as sword ferns and those are all the way in another section of the farm. From posts over on central items are also being shown as plants. So it seems like it's pretty wide spread.

It's really bad when you have a little over 100 tiger lilies that need to be harvested and have to mouse click each one. .

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
I've been having similar problems.
  • One RBF I have to run in and out a couple times just to make sure everything loads. I think sometimes the likes don't always load and then are missed by the plants; that results in much slower growth times.
  • Similarly, I find that running back and forth will sometimes reload the plants that are ready to harvest such that I can use "X" for them. Sometimes nothing helps.
  • On central the heavy gardeners widely regard bric-a-brac potions as a waste of money for gardeners. I concur. Unfortunately I've purchased quite a few of them, which are now on bad barns that have been discarded to a low level wizard (I can't sell them as random items have now turned into permanent plants, which happens if you move anything related to the misidentified plant). I assume more plants = more opportunity for things to go sideways. (On a side note, that kind of limits the usefulness of "all outdoor" TCs, but the crowns used to purchase potions is more annoying).
  • Needs icons don't disappear when treated. Again, I have to run back and forth to reload everything. I've had random plants wilt that were always inside a spell ring, my guess is my plant just never synched up with the server after being treated.
I love gardening, but it is one of the buggiest aspects of the game which often makes it frustrating. Once something goes wrong in a RBF it's glitched for good. I replaced a couple RBFs with brand new ones, and am enjoying glitch free gardening for the time being. That isn't an ideal solution: clearing out everything, trading it off to a new wizard (THANK YOU!!! KI, that is a terrific new addition), spending 125k gold on a new RBF, setting up new plots, re-establishing likes & pixie is a real pain :( Fixes to these issues would make a lot of gardeners very happy indeed.

Administrator
dune327 on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
Been having a lot of problems in my red barn garden. I have a bric a brac elixir to bring it to 300. But this is happening even if the item count isn't maxed. I don't have anything stacked so that shouldn't be a problem.

Having a lot of problems harvesting by pressing on the x button. Sometimes I may not even be able to harvest at all unless I individually click each tiger lily. Leaving the outside and going in the house sometimes helps. But other times even going to the wizard selection screen doesn't help. The harvest pop up will show for just a split second then disappear, but nothing is harvested and the plant still needs harvesting.

Also getting plants misidentified. My tiger lilies were showing up as sword ferns and those are all the way in another section of the farm. From posts over on central items are also being shown as plants. So it seems like it's pretty wide spread.

It's really bad when you have a little over 100 tiger lilies that need to be harvested and have to mouse click each one. .
Hello,

If you are seeing items or plants that have transformed into other items, please send an email to support@wizard101.com for assistance.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Oct 22, 2012
I forgot about the plants not showing needs unless you go in and out of the area. I'm pretty sure it has been the cause of some of my progress to die problems. Most of the time I remember to check by doing that. But have forgotten a few times. Just today it happened again. The "like and pixie" plant was the only one that had needs, but going in the house and back out almost all plants had needs (Like having sun, magic, music needs and pests. )

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I bought a bric a brac yesterday, went to close to 300 items with my plants and now my housing items have turned into plants and I can't move them!

I also am seeing the harvest pop up and not able to harvest unless I click on the plant individually.