Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Garden spells dont have effect on all plants.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Here is my problem, and I just found a friend is having the same issue. This has been happening since the update on Feb 28. All of the plants inside my large size spell's area of effect are not being hit with the spell cast.

I had a bunch of Pink Dandelion seeds saved up from over the past couple months, and decided to plant them to clear up some bank space. For small plants, planting in pots has always been the more efficient way to go because you can place pots closer together than plots. So I bought some pots and planted 55 pink dandelions in them. The pots are arranged to fit inside the area of effect of the pest and large size garden spells. When placing the pots, I simply put them on the ground just like any other housing item. No rug glitch, no stacking, nothing out of the ordinary was done.

Today, my pink dandelions get some needs and pests, so I cast Downpour and Bee Swarm on them. Only 41 of the 55 plants inside the circle had the water and pollination needs taken care of. So I try the Bug Bolt spell, and the same plants get the pests removed and others are still left with pests. So I tried casting Bug Bolt again, this time trying to get only the plants that still had pests inside the area of effect of the spell. The second cast got all but one of the previously unaffected plants. So I tried a third time, moving the spell's area of effect even farther away and trying to get the last plant with pests inside. The third cast of bug bolt finally got the last pest. For the plants that still had pollination and water needs, I had to cast the medium (8 energy) spells on them twice to get them all.

In the end, for something that should have taken 35 energy to do, I ended up needing to spend a total of 77 energy. More than double what it should have cost. And now I am stuck with the decision of whether I should plow some of the plants in the circle so that one spell covers them, or spend double the energy every time the needs come up until they all go elder.

For the record, I am a GM Gardener and usually have a very large garden going. I am talking in the neighborhood of 150-200 plants at a time on one wizard, many of those being higher level plants that require a lot of energy to take care of. Plants are spread out over 2-3 houses. I spend a LOT of crowns on energy refills to take care of my garden, but that's okay with me because I enjoy the gardening part of the game. I have NEVER used any glitch, exploit, or stacking bug to minimize energy usage or maximize my harvests or anything like that. Everything has always been grown in efficient circles, and planted so that I can be efficient as possible while still being honest.

I can only assume that this is a bug that was introduced in the latest update, as there was no mention of it whatsoever in the lists of changes that were included in the update.

If I am wrong, and this is actually working as intended, there should have been a mention of it in the update notes so that people know to stop planting small plants in pots to be more efficient. What it looks like is happening, is that the large garden spells only have an effect on a maximum of 41-42 of the plants inside the range of the spell.