Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

GAme wont let me Play please help!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
Hi guys , I downloaded and played the game till lv 24 , Then i was dissconcted from the game maby net droped maby servers crashed, Who knows. Anyways I tried too reload and it was spending 45 mins trying to down load a marybone patch etc etc at the log in screen would not let me hit play butten . I re-downloaded game next day. Now its just stuck patching the SHARD world dats or some stuff. Takes a very very long time, Then says error can not connect this is tempary may be net or may be etc etc I just dont understand. Please help wont even let me log in.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
1) Uninstall the game from Start/Programs/KingsIsle Entertainment. This won't delete your wizards, stats, or items. Those are stored on the KingsIsle servers.

2) Now download and install it again. This will take a while.

Note that when you're playing, you'll be waiting every time that you enter a new area. Don't try to force the game into doing anything. Wait until all of the updates are finished before proceeding.

If that doesn't work, send in a ticket to Support.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
Ok so I Uninstaled the Game from start menu kingsly etc, Redown loaded it , Waited a while fro the patch, Loged in hit play . Now of course it was down loading in the back round and i cant play my 24 till that zone is loaded so i made a new wiz. Every time i reinstal the game it makes it to the tutrial where ambrose tells me to wait for him too call me well he prepares his stuff, then i see it downloading once it hits 100% it says error wiz has a problem please try back laiter and it logs me out , if i try and log back in it gets stuck for hours patching before i can even hit the play butten. and even then after it patches it wont let me hit the play butten just says error web is dissconcted or something.

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

PS: You can SKIP the tutorial...

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.