Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game too slow and stuffed!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2011
nowdays when i play wizard101 the game has become too slow. whenever i change area it either comes-
"That area is closed right now.Please try again later" or "unable to connect to server(connect too long)" in which case i have to log out when i have not even been online for 5 minutes.
I have been playing the game for 4 good years now and i have never experienced this problem. my internet is the same as before and works fast. i just want to know the reason for the problem.

Thank You,
Currently playing as Aaron Thundersword
Lvl 80 storm wizard

Survivor
May 14, 2009
shaswat7410 on May 27, 2013 wrote:
nowdays when i play wizard101 the game has become too slow. whenever i change area it either comes-
"That area is closed right now.Please try again later" or "unable to connect to server(connect too long)" in which case i have to log out when i have not even been online for 5 minutes.
I have been playing the game for 4 good years now and i have never experienced this problem. my internet is the same as before and works fast. i just want to know the reason for the problem.

Thank You,
Lvl 80 storm wizard
Well, lots of people love Wizard101. So, the more they love it, the more they play it. Your problem cannot really be fixed, it's just that a lot of people are on Wizard101 right now. Like me. :P Anyways, it's not a huge problem. Take a break from the game, and just try again later.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Thank You,
Lvl 80 storm wizard
Not sure what realm(s) you are playing in, but I have only experienced lag a couple of times and when I switched realms, the problem was solved. Try these realms: Pixie, Seraph, Orthrus, and Satyr. If that doesn't work, I would contact support, who will most likely tell you to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Could it be your computer? I'm not sure, but that happened to me at some point. Try using it on another computer and see if there's the same problem. I turned off the wifi and back on and it started to work again for me. It might be a bug? You could mention it in the Halston's Laboratory section.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
dont worry dude im having the same problem its really earatating so your not alone
by:Ethan

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
Hi there, I am having worse issue's as it will not let me play at all. The support team are being fantastic and really trying to fix this problem. It only started last week and I have done everything the support team have told me to do. I think there is a bigger glitch in the system going on but at least the support are aware of it and trying to fix the problem. I am a lvl 52 ice . Goodluck from Llewella.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Thank You,
Lvl 80 storm wizard
Just a couple of things to check. Is anyone else in your home using wifi and possibly streaming music or video. If so, this will greatly reduce how your game will play. (Had experience with that so yes, I do know.)

Try running a defrag if you have not done so in a while.

I have also been getting these same messages lately as well as my game just flat freezing up for no apparent reason. Since there is no one using wifi in my home now, I know it is not caused from that.

@RavenLady, this is also happening in the perfect realms. I normally run in Scarecrow or even lower realms if needed and still experiencing this more than ever in the last few weeks.

@Donohuegirl, this is not the first time something like this has happened. If the problem IS on KI's side it can be fixed. They have before.