Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game randomly freezing and Client failure

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
Since the pet addition came out, my game has been suddenly freezing or crashing 3 or 4 times a day. Half the time the game just freezes randomly, and other times I get a window saying WizardGraphicalClient.exe encountered an error and closes my game. Fortunately none of this has happened in dungeons.

I never lagged when these happened. I know I lag a lot in Pet Pavilion and Plaza of Conquest, but I don't think that has anything to do with the crashes. Has anyone else also been experiencing this?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Pet Pavillion and Plaza of Conquest have a lot of wizards running around therein, so naturally the servers will lag some.

If your game freezes (e.g. you can't move your wizard or access any of the menus), there's a possible workaround: Log out and then back into the game. As soon as you see your wizard in-game, move it quickly a few steps. That should unfreeze it (at least for a while).

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
:-( This upgrade seemed to have the worst problems associated with it!
I cant get onto the game now at all! K I keeps sending me the same email and link which does not work. You can try to send them a DxDiag log and maybe they will help you...so far I havent gotten much help from them but I hope you do..good luck!
Monica Grove life grandmaster