Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Playability

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
I'm never one to complain, ever, but as much as Wizard 101 is amazing, it's also frustrating. I bought a membership for my daughter to play, and for the most part, she does fine. However, I've come to see that in certain areas, The game is designed to have more than one person in a group playing. My daughter likes to be able to play at her own pace and go as she pleases, but areas such as Kensington Park are just not designed for just a one player walk through. When you walk in and are attacked by THREE, yes, THREE monsters at the same time each with 2,000 hit points, it makes it kind of impossible for one person to play. Again, I'm not one to complain, I just think there should be some type of happy medium where the whole game could be played by one person if so desired. I understand it's a community and a place to make friends, but the game playability should be fair for the person who wants to play solo and not force them into finding a group of people who are working on the same quests. I mean no offence to the developers, and I still believe it is a superb game. Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
GrymmShadow wrote:
Kensington Park .

Hi there,

I play alone, or with my friend, at night. I play with my children during the day, if they want me tagging along with them :P

My balance wiz didn't go anywhere near Kesington Park until she reached level 50. Not through choice, but through ignorance. I think I got distracted when I got the task and never realised it was a real task.

The point I'm making is that she doesnt have to do it. She can skip it, it wont stop or hinder her progress in the game.

On the other hand, you could always make another account and play alongside your daughter and do KP together?

There isn't many or much of anything that is not so easy to solo but I like that there are a couple of things that encourage teamwork.

There is a particular tower in dragonspyre - yes, the one with the pox - grief, I died in there alone so many times. And KI? Can I please have a pox as a pet? Where do I get one from? :) They are so very cute!