Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Pausing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
My husband and 2 older children and I play this game together and recently we've been encountering a problem.
We will be in the middle of a fight and all of a sudden its like the game pauses. Not like stops, but we will not being able to take our turns. We will still see the fighting circle, shields will still rotate, however its like we are lagging. I don't think it is our connection because it won't happen on all of our computers at the same time all the time.
My husband will be in another area, having no problems at all, but I will have this problem. Or it will happen to all of us at at the same time, in the same fight together or in separate fights.
I'm sure you can understand how frustrating it can be because once the game picks up again, several turns will have gone by, our characters will have been attacked and we were unable to take our turns to fight back our heal. My 7 year old daughter has died a few times because of this.
My husband and I have checked our internet connection, router, and everything else we can think of that might be causing the problem on our end, so I thought maybe if it was a problem for other people, it might be something for KI to look into.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
well i'm only 10 years old but don't count me down i can help check the anntenas on the router check if its wired correctly ( no wires unplugged ) also check if the flashing lights flash ( if thier not flashing or barely flashing at all it means you should call the compony that makes the router ) check if a big button on it id glowing ( this is only if you have linksys ) if this doesn't help then tell me what compony made the router ( the reason i know all this stuff is because i was born under the contellation vergo hope this helps :)
p.s tell what world the game paused in cause if its in marleybone its ok ( in that world it lags ALLOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
Try switching to a different realm that's less busy, perhaps? I haven't had the problem of the game 'pausing' on me for several turns, but every so often things will go wonky on me and I'll get a blanked-out screen for a couple seconds. I'm always careful to play on realms that are listed as "Perfect" as opposed to "Normal" or "Crowded"--I'm one of those odd ducks who like things fairly quiet.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
but could you at least tell me what world it paused in and by the way tell me what company made the router