Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game looks horrible on a new computer

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Got a new computer with the same screen size as my last one and the game screen looks way different. The icons and game menu are all half the size they were before and the game screen looks a bit squinched together so that the characters are a bit too skinny. The screen just doesn't look quite right. Is there a way to increase the icon sizes and the menu box, cause they are soo small that I have trouble reading them. The new computer is running Windows 7 rather than Windows XP that my last computer was running, not sure if that is what makes the difference, though Windows XP had better screen options in adjusting appearance. Anyways, I think I just hate the new computer and am about to return it to get something else. I won't be playing this game much when it looks as horrible as it does on this.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
go to video options and change resolution. They have several options there so you may have to experiment to which one looks better on your computer.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
To quote the moderators:

Various Mods wrote:

Mr Lincoln will have an answer for you, young Wizard, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.