Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Lagging

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I was noticing that the game was lagging and Choppy. I currently have everything turned down and off as well as the smoothing. Is most of the lag I am experiencing because of the amount of players online? If anyone has any advice on what I can do to try to reduce even more lag, aside from shutting the game down and playing at midnight, I am all ears.

If you are experiencing lag (or slow service) within game play or it sometimes freezes up, it is important to first check a couple of things that could cause choppy game play:

1) Make sure any un-needed background applications are not running. Having multiple applications running at once can use up bandwidth, and process usage on your computer.

2) Another thing to check on is your internet connection. Slower speeds will result in choppier game play.

3) Verify that your graphics cards are in line with the system requirements.

4) Turn off your Quest Helper. You can do this by pressing 'T' on your keyboard.

5) Adjust your Game options to help ease the work of your Graphics card:
- Modify the resolution smaller.
- Change the Graphics Detail setting to low
- Turn the Full Screen option to Off.
- Turn off Shadows
- Turn off Smoothing
If you are still having issues after checking all of these things, please submit a support email to support@wizard101.com.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
Join the crowd. Sometimes my game play is fast and good, and I can stay on it, and other times, it lags very badly and I keep getting froze up or disconnected every few minutes.
I can usually play well with no problems in the morning.
I also have a problem that occurs of me being in the game, and running down the street or in the shops when all of a sudden everyone is gone, and when I click on my character button, it says N/A for my crowns, when I know I have them. When it does this, I know I am a ghost in the game. lol.. If I hit my text chat or friends list ect, sometimes it will correct and I am back to myself again and my crowns are back.
Anyone else have this problem? It is like I am there, but not there.
Very Strange Indeed :?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
As a last resort, try turning off the quest helper arrow. Pressing "T" on the keyboard toggles it on and off.

If that fixes it, you can still use the quest arrow, but you'll want to come to a stop before turning it on, get your bearings, turn it off, and then continue to travel. Yes it's annoying, but for certain computer configurations, some areas will lag like crazy if it's turned on.