Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game downloads every time I log in

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Ever since the last update, my game redownloads all the items in the game that aren't in the first download.(like the worlds are downloaded but the NPCs, dialogue, items, pets, and gear aren't) This is very annoying since I have to wait around 8 minutes of downloading to just stand in the commons. I'm not sure what caused this to happen and i'm hoping it will be back to normal by the next update. Any suggestions on how I can fix it earlier?
P.S. I've tried multiple accounts and they all have the same issue.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Email KingsIsle about this. It shouldn't do that

Administrator
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
I've sent 3 emails and have waited 3 weeks with no response to any of them.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
I had the same issue one time. What i did was that i uninstalled wizard101 and then installed it again... That fixed the problem for me.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Do you know where Wizard101 is being installed on your computer?

It sounds like 1 or more of your files are in the temporary folder if you have to repeatedly download the entire game.

Administrator
Mitchell HawkCatch... on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
I've sent 3 emails and have waited 3 weeks with no response to any of them.
Did you get an automatic reply to your email with a ticket number?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
Mitchell HawkCatch... on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
Ever since the last update, my game redownloads all the items in the game that aren't in the first download.(like the worlds are downloaded but the NPCs, dialogue, items, pets, and gear aren't) This is very annoying since I have to wait around 8 minutes of downloading to just stand in the commons. I'm not sure what caused this to happen and i'm hoping it will be back to normal by the next update. Any suggestions on how I can fix it earlier?
P.S. I've tried multiple accounts and they all have the same issue.
Exact same issue. It's such a pain when you have to wait 5 minutes just to do 10 seconds of gardening.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
-.- I've had this same issue since October of last year O: