Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Diisrupting Internet Connection

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
For some reason when I start up the game it actually interferes with my computers internet connection! If I'm lucky its just slowed some but most of the time I can't actually play the game because as soon as I start the game my internet cuts out.

Now I know its not my internet provider in my area being down as the other computers in my house work fine the whole time I'm having problems. Also I ONLY have problems when the game is active, as soon as I close it my internet is back to normal and its not that it just slows down I actually lose my internet connection completely.

Now this doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough, about 6 of out 10 times, thats its become annoying.

Now I've already made exceptions for the game in my firewall and i've opened the ports that I was instructed to on my router but the problem still persists. In fact I'm wrighting this because right now I'm unable to play the game!

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but you need to give us more information!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com