Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

frustrated with menu chat limitations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
i just came from a battle where I was trying to be nice and help someone out with a boss who could only menu chat. during the course of the battle they were knocked out and kept saying over and over again "I need healing". well obviously they needed healing but i had no healing spells and no way to tell them that I had none. All i could say was "I can't", which obviously meant nothing to them because they kept asking. The battle menu has got to change, because this is ridiculous. all I need is an option that says, "I don't have that spell". there is an option to say "I can heal you" but not one to say " I CAN'T heal you". I'm not really chatty in game so I've never had a problem playing with menu chat players in general but this has become a huge problem for me and it would be so easy to fix. Pretty please?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
"I can heal you" followed by "No", should get the message across.

If they keep begging, and it annoys you, put them on ignore.

Meanwhile, if you're on the street, you could be asking: "will anybody who can heal others join this battle?"

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It's also a learning thing. Experienced wizards know that a defeated wizard needs healing (no duh, right?). So asking for it after being defeated is really just clouding up the dueling circle. Non-experienced wizards may think that Pixie works on everyone, but only Life, Death, and Balance can heal others natuarally.

I run into that same issue a lot when I (as a ice wizard) and my storm friend go questing. Neither one of us can heal a third wizard if they happen to join and get defeated.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Could we also get a menu chat option that says 'sorry, i'm too busy healing myself since you ported to me randomly while i was in battle and now i'm struggling to keep myself alive since another enemy just joined.'? that would be great, thanks. -eli and crew

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
Could we also get a menu chat option that says 'sorry, i'm too busy healing myself since you ported to me randomly while i was in battle and now i'm struggling to keep myself alive since another enemy just joined.'? that would be great, thanks. -eli and crew

lol :D