Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend's List Problems

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 29, 2009
Made a new friend tonight on Krokotopia at about 2345 CDT. When I go to other worlds, they are not on my friend's list. They can send me text messages but I cannot reply due to this. When I went back to Krokotopia, they reappeared back on my friends' list again.

Please advise.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I, too, have had friends list difficulties, in that friends who appear on my list are not recognized. For example, I ask to add someone as a friend and that person accepts. I then attempt to port to them and get a message that says the person is not on my friends list. However, I am able to chat with them across the spiral. What gives? I have lost friends because of this issue on all three of my wizards.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
It's a matter of what level they are and such. I find that the friends that I have can not port to me if they are not on the same quest as me or have not completed the quest that I am on. Example 1: I have a friend on my list that can not get into Kroktopia because they are not a subscriber. Example 2: I have friends that are subscribers that can get into Krokotopia but can not port to me while I am in the Tomb of Storms because they have not finished the quest in the KrokoSphinx yet just as some of my friends (also subscribers) are as far as in the world of Marleybone that I can not port to because I have not unlocked that world yet in my own quests.

I found that the exception to these are Trials or Subscribers can port to anyone within Wizard City World Limits no matter what level they are.

Hope this helps,
Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Nov 05, 2008
Hey,

I have also experienced this problems, I actually submitted a bug report about this and they said there would be a reply within 1 working day but this was 5 days ago and nothing. Oh well maybe soon :)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
mtelkamp wrote:
I, too, have had friends list difficulties, in that friends who appear on my list are not recognized. For example, I ask to add someone as a friend and that person accepts. I then attempt to port to them and get a message that says the person is not on my friends list. However, I am able to chat with them across the spiral. What gives? I have lost friends because of this issue on all three of my wizards.

that happens to we all day today whats up i wont to help my friends out with quests and see were they are!!!(p.s wizard 101 rocks):) :)

Taylor LifeDreamer
an ice wizard

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
Is this a know bug and do the professors know about it? This is a crippling bug and makes it extremely difficult to do thing such as farm Malistaire. I have had on numerous occasions had people ready to do him and can not do it because they can not port to me inside. It has nothing to do with levels or quests because I have had people level fifty who have already beaten Malistire and completed the quest lines and they can not port to me anywhere so this is not a feature of the game, obviously. Why have we not heard something about this from the professors? This is a HUGE bug that demands immediate attention.

Valdus Soulbreaker
Level 50 Grandmaster of Death

Administrator
You'll be interested to know that the Friends list issues have been resolved as of the March 26th update.
Read this page for more information.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Gamma wrote:
You'll be interested to know that the Friends list issues have been resolved as of the March 26th update.

Actually, sorry to say but even AFTER the update I still had a problem. I thought that everything would be fixed, but it wasn't. I was on my ice wizard in Colosolous Boulevard yesterday. I opened up my friends list. Everything there was normal and all my friends were there. But when I clicked on my friend Scarlet MoonHeart, it came up like usual but only her picture. Her name wasn't there. Also, I could only press "Add to Friends List" or "Ignore". I pressed add to friends list, and it asked me if I wanted to add her and I clicked yes. Nothing happened. Then I exited out of my list and opened it up again. Her name was highlighted, and when I clicked on it again the problem continued. I then tried to click on another friend, but the exact same thing happened where I could only see their picture and not their name.

I was terrified, thinking that I had lost my friends that were online. But then I teleported to the Commons, and it was magically fixed. Even though it was fixed after I teleported, I think it was still an issue and should be looked into. Has anyone else had the same problem after the update?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
Gamma wrote:

Actually, sorry to say but even AFTER the update I still had a problem. I thought that everything would be fixed, but it wasn't. I was on my ice wizard in Colosolous Boulevard yesterday. I opened up my friends list. Everything there was normal and all my friends were there. But when I clicked on my friend Scarlet MoonHeart, it came up like usual but only her picture. Her name wasn't there. Also, I could only press "Add to Friends List" or "Ignore". I pressed add to friends list, and it asked me if I wanted to add her and I clicked yes. Nothing happened. Then I exited out of my list and opened it up again. Her name was highlighted, and when I clicked on it again the problem continued. I then tried to click on another friend, but the exact same thing happened where I could only see their picture and not their name.

I was terrified, thinking that I had lost my friends that were online. But then I teleported to the Commons, and it was magically fixed. Even though it was fixed after I teleported, I think it was still an issue and should be looked into. Has anyone else had the same problem after the update?

:(

You actually got off easy; At least you still HAVE a friend list! All six of my Wizards have had their Lists completely emptied!

AT THEY STILL ARE EMPTY, KI !!!

:(

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I'm having problems to but for me it's the friends list it's self. I had updated my computer and now rather then seeing a picture of my friends it's back to the pencil pictures of everyone. Which also means I can't see there info. If anyone knows how I can fix this can you please let me know. It is driving me nuts.
Thanks