Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend Request Bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
Something odd happened two days ago when I was working on one of my newer wizards.

I was in the Palace of Fire dungeon alone (had not gone into the instance with anyone) and received a "Friend Request". There was no wizard name attached to it and the request window didn't look quite right. Since I was just about to engage in battle for the Eye of Krok, I just declined and didn't think a thing of it. Well, this morning I received an email regarding a lost password request. I made no such request. Now, I've already notified Mr. Lincoln regarding the email so that part is under control.

I just got to thinking that it was strange that I should receive the email shortly after the odd friend request. Has anyone else ever received a friend request when they were alone in an instance? Is this a known bug or something new? Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
TinkerBlue wrote:
Something odd happened two days ago when I was working on one of my newer wizards.

I was in the Palace of Fire dungeon alone (had not gone into the instance with anyone) and received a "Friend Request". There was no wizard name attached to it and the request window didn't look quite right. Since I was just about to engage in battle for the Eye of Krok, I just declined and didn't think a thing of it. Well, this morning I received an email regarding a lost password request. I made no such request. Now, I've already notified Mr. Lincoln regarding the email so that part is under control.

I just got to thinking that it was strange that I should receive the email shortly after the odd friend request. Has anyone else ever received a friend request when they were alone in an instance? Is this a known bug or something new? Thanks.

I recieved one from a level 0 when I was playing Dueling Diego in Krok.