Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frequent disconnects, then in new realm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I have been disconnecting very frequently for the last week or so and when I am able to get back on I often find myself in a different realm. This is very strange. Anyone else having this problem?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
o yes i have some what the same, well it disconnects then (sometimes more often than not) i cant see any cards book all i can see is my charter.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
The most recent in a series of email exchanges with customer service/technical support indicates an update to graphics options is pending that may solve the problem. However, it did not give an estimate of when such an update might occur.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I have been having the same problem for the last two weeks. Often i will lose connection to the server up to four times in under five minutes. I am lucky sometimes to even make it past the log in page and and port to where i want to go. My friends don't bother asking me for help much these days because i can barely see a fight through to the end.

I thought maybe the server was too busy so i would change to one of the least busy realms but problem is still there. For me it does not matter where i am in the game it always happens. Some days it is much worse than others but still very discouraging. I know for a fact it is not my internet connection, when i lose server and it doesn't come back i close the game but my internet is still functioning. Not my firewall either and besides, my game was running smoothly until an update early February. I even downloaded a patch hoping it would fix it. Also reinstalled the game which was a waste of time because then i had to wait twenty seven minutes for the game to load. Then every single world in the spiral when i ported there i had to wait till that place loaded or even my houses. Couldn't port to people to help because either i had to wait for that area to load or i lost connection again. Seems the more money I spend on the game the more problems i am having.

I noticed through reading several posts on the subject in different forums that many many others are having this same exact problem. Many dating back to last July. Why is this issue still happening then?

This game has a lot of potential and can go far, but i think they should work on and fix known issues before introducing new items or areas. I do hope they resolve the problem soon, because i am sure others in the same predicament as myself will find another game to relax and unwind on.