Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Freezing (Updated with Details)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I recently asked the same question, about my Wizard101 suddenly freezing, and not just a minor freeze, a whole lockdown on my computer, the screen wont update ANYTHING, the mouse wont move, CTRL+ALT+DELETE wont work, and I think I meet all the requirements! I have a Windows 7, with 3.89 G.B of RAM space, which is way larger than what Wizard101 uses, 289 G.B of disk space, and my video card is Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express ChipSet Family,which I am assuming is newer than the GEForce 2 since it's a Windows 7, this mostly bugs me A LOT since I've been stuck on the General Akillies quest for about 3 days now because of this. :( I've been looking into this issue for about a week, and restarting my laptop is bad, but I have no choice. PLEASE respond if you may have a solution, and what is the BEST compatibility mode for Wizard101 (I am currently set with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Please help me enjoy Wizard101 and my brand new awesome membership I purchased! I really want to get past this quest, and I even have the lowest graphic details possible, no fullscreen, I set it with no sound, no bloom, no graphic details, a 'Perfect' realm, please help me Please respond with a solution, I have reported this to the staff already, and they are taking it to SENIOR Support Staff, but I want to know if any of you smart wizards can suggest anything, :) Thank You!

-Justin3620 (Mason DragonBlood - Level 10 Death)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I had the same problem in Stormriven and I've never had that problem before. I was trying to help someone and kept freezing so I will stay out of that area for the time being.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Have you tried to scan your computer for any viruses, spyware, malware, etc... ? you may have something like one of those things messing with your computer.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I sometimes disable sound too, but that is on older computers I play on. Definitely, not your issue. That is a weird one. I hope the senior staff can get you up and running again, because the game only gets better after Cyclops Lane.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I have also noticed this. After wintertusk was released the game will freeze up with a different set of characteristics. The window turns white, the whole computer will lock up. When this happens (never seen this in two years of play) the only way to get it out of the digital coma is a hard re-boot.

This is extremely aggravating to me because this white out means a loss in pvp as you cannot shut the window then re-open wizard101 as you can do on the rampant freezing before wintertusk. If this keeps up I don't see myself continuing subscription as it is hard on my comp

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Something like this happened to me in the Waterworks. The only things different from what you were experiencing is that
1. I could move my mouse
2. The problem spread to the rest of my computer! It's hard to even go online! Now, whenever I try to go onto wizard 101, the screen freezes and my internet crashes! I can stay online for about 5 seconds before this happens. And I'm telling you, it's weird, I've never seen anything like this problem before.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer (I hope so anyway... :( )
P.S. I too am looking for a solution. If you find it before I do plz reply!!!