Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Freezing -Let's End This-

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I have a few other topics on the Message Boards about my Wizard101 Hard-Locks, and now this has become a problem even with my Wizard101 GamePlay, I made it to Legendary, so now I want to fix this once and for all! All I know, is that the support team said my Video Card was fine, and now I should update my audio drivers?? What does this mean, some friends told me this was bad for my computer, has anyone done this? It seems harder than updating a video card! I want to fix this hard locking on Wizard101 so badly, because it is in the way of me getting my legendary gear, whenever I do the Waterworks, sooner or later, my computer will freeze, and that ruins the whole battle for my team. I have a SONY VAIO Laptop (2 Years Old) And, it is running fine on Wizard101, no lag what so ever, but it suddenly hard locks randomly, so is this a problem with my audio driver, or should I buy a cooling pad? Please help me, Wizard101 is my favorite MMO ever, and I need the highest advice on this, I will respond to every reply that catches my attention, so visit this topic daily, we can fix this problem together, I just know it! :D Wizard101 Forever!

-Mason DragonBlood

Administrator
Hello Justin 3620,

Your Audio driver is just like your video card driver, they can be updated by the company that makes them at any time to help address common issues or to improve performance.

If you're using Windows 7, you can try to access your Device Manager, locate your Audio Card and update the drivers by Right Clicking on it.

If you're using a version of Windows XP or Vista go ahead and locate the makers of your Audio card and update the drivers manually.

If you have trouble, contact our support team and they can help you through it.

Thanks!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Honestly, i dont get why there are SOOOOOOO many drivers! i mean really! it seems every month my drivers go out of date so i have to update them! hmmmm...... Mood: curious :|

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
stormschool99 wrote:
Honestly, i dont get why there are SOOOOOOO many drivers! i mean really! it seems every month my drivers go out of date so i have to update them! hmmmm...... Mood: curious :|

More to the point, did updating the drivers fix the issue? It has been almost two months since you reported this.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i hope it gets fixed if its just having to update drivers it shouldnt be that bad but if theres more to it than good luck with it can always try playing on lower graphics or particles or with sound off