Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fraudulent Billing Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
Can someone help me, i stayed up late last night and wanted to test my luck with opening Unicorn packs from the crown store, so i started purchasing crowns, but i purchased 5$ worth of crowns like 3 times. When i tried the 4th time it said i was flagged for suspicious for billing fraudulent/activity. I have been helped a little via email but they haven't responded in a while, i was hoping for more immediate help on here. Please someone help me

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
CaptainAfrica15 on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
Can someone help me, i stayed up late last night and wanted to test my luck with opening Unicorn packs from the crown store, so i started purchasing crowns, but i purchased 5$ worth of crowns like 3 times. When i tried the 4th time it said i was flagged for suspicious for billing fraudulent/activity. I have been helped a little via email but they haven't responded in a while, i was hoping for more immediate help on here. Please someone help me
Don't worry, this is normal. Companies operating online have automated systems in place to prevent fraud. Different companies use slightly different parameters and KI's is always triggered with 3 transactions in a short space of time. This is designed to protect you and your bank account!

The system recognises unusual payment patterns that are similar to how a fraudster might behave when using a card that doesn't belong to them. I've managed to trigger KI's (once when I got over-excited about bundles on sale haha), my bank's (every time I try to top up crowns on 2 different wizard accounts in a short space of time) and even a huge computer shop's (when I bought a new computer then 2 days later, after trying it out, bought more identical ones so we could all upgrade!).

All we need to do when this happens is contact the company and let them know the transactions were legitimate and intentional. They will then over-ride the auto-system and you'll be able to make payments again.

Have you tried to make a purchase since you contacted KI? It may well be that they have already rectified the problem for you. Give it a try and if it doesn't work drop customer support a follow-up email letting them know it is still blocking your transactions.

Good luck on your pack-opening!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This usually happens when repeated purchases are made within a short period of time.

It's a security measure so to speak.

If you've gotten an automatic reply with a ticket number, it means that KI's support team have received the message and/or processing it or will be processing it soon.

You can try emailing once again to "check on things."

Ensure this is the email you use:

support@wizard101.com