Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Found a problem with the master artisan quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
45
Ok so the master artisan quest bugs me, but that is not the problem. The problem is I was not planning to collect the black lotus for awhile, so I decided that i was going to craft some housing items so I bought the recipes for the moon banner and red food court and crafted them, and for some reason I heard a DING. (like you here when you finish a accomplishment in a quest) So it says you have crafted such and such rings, and after that it said talk to the master artisan guy (I don't know his name) so I did and it he said what he would if you talk to him after ecepting his quest but not bringing him the rings, Oh and the quest icon shows his face and says to talk to him. So the point is I don't know if this is a glich or a lopole but can you give me a explenation? Because I want to know if i craft the rings will he ecept them?

Valdus Frostrunner master thuamuturge

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
Yes, it can be used as a loophole.

If you craft the rings or buy them from the bazaar, he will take them, and allow you to finish the quest.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
370
It's a bug, really.

When you need to craft an item, it doesn't track if you craft the individual items, but only if you use the required crafting station. Thus, if you make something (transmute reagents, for instance), at the same station as the quest item you need to make, it counts towards completing the quest.

However, you still need to have the items needed for the quest in your inventory (but once the quest has seen you using the station, and flags the quest as semi-completed, you can get the items in any fashion - such as the bazaar - and it will count).

I assume this limitation is to avoid people just buying their craft quest items at the bazaar and handing them in - you have to actually craft something.

Explorer
May 06, 2010
62
Wow, the same thing happened to me but I was making a transmute diamond. Hooray loopholes

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
178
The only problem I found with and still exists with the Master Artisan quest and Master Artisan badge is that there is probably 1 Black Lotus and 0.2 of a Black Pearl per 1 million players.

It's a waste of game time and a waste of in real life time so I quit that because of not only that, there are no rewards attached to it anyway except a silly title that you most likely aren't going to display anyway.

Obtaining that badge is a psychological mind game.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
jaronuts wrote:
The only problem I found with and still exists with the Master Artisan quest and Master Artisan badge is that there is probably 1 Black Lotus and 0.2 of a Black Pearl per 1 million players.

It's a waste of game time and a waste of in real life time so I quit that because of not only that, there are no rewards attached to it anyway except a silly title that you most likely aren't going to display anyway.

Obtaining that badge is a psychological mind game.


Incorrect. There are some things you cannot craft without the badge, as in some Grizzleheim stuff including the Watchmans Tower, a nice house.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
178
There is still not enough lotus and pearl to go around. You can literally waste MANY MANY hours in Mooshu or the Bazzar so I actually quit working on that badge because this is just a waste of a persons game time.

The situation just gets worse with more people added to the game because they need these supplies to do the badge too..

Plus I qualify for about 6 more badges but the badge don't appear.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
jaronuts wrote:
There is still not enough lotus and pearl to go around. You can literally waste MANY MANY hours in Mooshu or the Bazzar so I actually quit working on that badge because this is just a waste of a persons game time.

The situation just gets worse with more people added to the game because they need these supplies to do the badge too..

Plus I qualify for about 6 more badges but the badge don't appear.


Not going to comment on the Badge business, but for the pearls/loti:

I was able to get 90 loti this morning with 45 minute's effort so.... I think you need to rework your farming technique.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
178
I outright deny that you obtained 90 "Loti" this morning within 45 minute from fighting or cruising around Mooshu or the two combined.

Talance3, I know all the locations and about changing realms and the farming aspect of this so if you got that many in such a short amount of time would be if KI came into the conversation and stated that they increased the availability of these items to compensate for so many players.

Outside of that, I don't believe a word of it.

By the way, the plural of Lotus is not "Loti", it is Lutuses and the plural of minutes is not "minute's" it is minutes, although, the plural of fungus is fungi which the "us" ending may be your source as it looks like you are applying that across the board of a word endng in "us".

"Minute's" would be possessive and to be used as if a minute has something belonging to it like "Talance3's equipment and spells", even still, nothing belongs to a minute anyway.

Another plural of Lotus is Lotus' because the word already ends in an "s".

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
jaronuts wrote:
I outright deny that you obtained 90 "Loti" this morning within 45 minute from fighting or cruising around Mooshu or the two combined.

Talance3, I know all the locations and about changing realms and the farming aspect of this so if you got that many in such a short amount of time would be if KI came into the conversation and stated that they increased the availability of these items to compensate for so many players.

Outside of that, I don't believe a word of it.

By the way, the plural of Lotus is not "Loti", it is Lutuses and the plural of minutes is not "minute's" it is minutes, although, the plural of fungus is fungi which the "us" ending may be your source as it looks like you are applying that across the board of a word endng in "us".

"Minute's" would be possessive and to be used as if a minute has something belonging to it like "Talance3's equipment and spells", even still, nothing belongs to a minute anyway.

Another plural of Lotus is Lotus' because the word already ends in an "s".


Maybe is definitely one word

Lotus' is not plural, it's the possessive form of lotus.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
178
"Maybe" and "may be" aren't synonymous.

The compound word "maybe" is an adverb reflecting "perhaps" or "possibly" and the use of "may be" is a verb reflecting "might be" or "could be".

Maybe we should start a class?

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
261
90 might be pushing it but 60 an hour is possible if you know a place that has more than one Lotus. Also remember sometimes you get more than one Lotus, and sometimes you get the Black Pearl.

Just remember this helpful hint I got here - if you are changing realms and its not showing up, some one else is doing it, go find something else to do.

If you happen to run into someone farming for the same item, don't try to fight them, be friendly instead, and try to decide who should proceed. If you are male and you consider yourself a gentleman, try to bow out first. Heck, even show gratitude. You might make a great pal right then and there. They might even share secrets they have. I do if I find someone friendly.

You will run into pig-headed nasty people. Just let them go ahead. Its just not worth getting 1/2 or 1/3 of what you should be getting.

My two cents.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
178
I have a couple of good friends that I met while we were both cruising for Lotus and Pearl.

I have transmute Lotus to Pearl too but it's an expensive process.

Between the rarity of the Black Pearl and the Lotus and the crafting table cool down time I quit trying to finish the last crafting assignment.

Defender
May 30, 2009
157
jaronuts wrote:
I outright deny that you obtained 90 "Loti" this morning within 45 minute from fighting or cruising around Mooshu or the two combined.

Talance3, I know all the locations and about changing realms and the farming aspect of this so if you got that many in such a short amount of time would be if KI came into the conversation and stated that they increased the availability of these items to compensate for so many players.

Outside of that, I don't believe a word of it.

By the way, the plural of Lotus is not "Loti", it is Lutuses and the plural of minutes is not "minute's" it is minutes, although, the plural of fungus is fungi which the "us" ending may be your source as it looks like you are applying that across the board of a word endng in "us".

"Minute's" would be possessive and to be used as if a minute has something belonging to it like "Talance3's equipment and spells", even still, nothing belongs to a minute anyway.

Another plural of Lotus is Lotus' because the word already ends in an "s".


90 Lotus flowers in 45 min is certainly obtainable. When I was crafting the GH house I needed ALLOT of these and would go through the list once or twice per day. The thing you don't seem to be taking into account is the timing and the area. IF you are in the right area you can pick up as many as 6 flowers just moving from point A to point B. Also IF you are trying to farm these reagents during peak times then it's no wonder you can't get any. Early in the morning and late late at night are the best times to do this. Don't call someone a liar unless you have solid proof that there is no way they could have done what was said. And seeing as I have done this many, many times, it is very possible.

And when exactly did these forums become something akin to English class? Pointing out someone's misuse of a word, or correcting their grammer, punctuation or sentence structure does not empower you but only makes you look like a bully. As long as you get what the poster is stating, it shouldn't matter if they left out a period here or didn't cap the beginning of the sentence or even spaced the paragraphs.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
178
Discussing typos and grammar in a friendly fashion like was going on is educational and does not constitute bullying.

Being mean and calling names and making fun of peoples typos would be bullying.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
178
I disagree, I know more than an English teacher as I did all through school which is why they hated me and I don't need a teachers edition to teach reading and writing. Within 6 months I can give a 7th grader an 12 grade education in reading and writing. I have written 4 books and countless thousands of articles and commentaries. My former teachers have written nothing.

Having a command of ones own language DOES empower you. Why does it empower you?

Because without reading and writing you will have no education and cannot function properly. That's why.

If you receive constructive advice as bullying then you will never learn or know anything.

Now you're going to say, "Well it doesn't matter anyway because this is no place for it."

Right?

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
5
First, on topic, I had the same thing happen to me. I was transmuting ore into diamonds and recieved the message that I had completed the quest. I tried to turn it in, but could not because I still needed the rings. Once you obtain the rings turning in the quest works perfectly fine, and you will get the next part of the quest chain.

jaronuts wrote:
Because without reading and writing you will have no education and cannot function properly. That's why.

If you receive constructive advice as bullying then you will never learn or know anything.

A person can be illiterate and still have knowledge, the two are not mutually exclusive. A person who cannot read or write is still perfectly capable of functioning. It's not like your lungs sieze up and your heart ceases beating if you cannot read or write, it just means such a person will need to rely on others when those two skills are required.

I agree that constructive advice is good. You made enough corrections, in such detail, it seemed rude - especially since one of the corrections was wrong. As someone else pointed out, lotus' is the possessive form of lotus, not the plural. I disagree with that other person about using "maybe" instead of your original phrasing of "may be." I am on your side there. I notice you jumped on matvince90 for being wrong about correcting your usage of "may be" but did not concede to your own incorrect assessment about lotus'. Did you not appreciate the helpful advice about grammar? I would think you would be grateful for the help, as you seem to think people should be grateful for yours.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
370
It's just Lotus, plural and singular.

Tree of Life is a good place to look for Black Lotus. Check on each outside corner of the first building you encounter; as well as each of the four rooms along the walls inside (Lotus don't grow in the center room). I usually find three-four Lotus on a single run, and hopping realms lets you immediately open a new instance of the dungeon to refresh your hunt.

Master Artisan has some purposes, however. It's needed for Watchtower Hall - a castle - and for much of the Dragonspyre gear. You also need Master Artisan to get Grandmaster Artisan in Celestia - which also brings a LOT of powerful crafted gear.

It is difficult and time consuming to get Master Artisan, yes. But it's not supposed to be easy. Master Artisan is supposed to be somewhat rare, and usually reserved for one character on an account. It takes hard work and dedication; either hunting for the materials, or hovering over the bazaar like a vulture.

Do a run for Mandrakes and Black Lotus every now and then when you have some minutes to spare, and put yourself out of the "I want this NOW!" mentality. The Spiral wasn't made in one day, after all.