Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix Pet Derby System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
The pet derby system is frustrating. In a week of trying to get races going, I have only managed about 6, and these are attempted during peak times when worlds are crowded or full. People not confirming is a huge problem and there does not seem to be enough incentive to get people to race. 3 Tickets for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for third, and 10 coins for 4th.

why not try something like:

3 tickets for 1st and a pet point in any stat
2 tickets for 2nd and a pet point in any stat
1 tickets for 3rd and a pet point in any stat
10 coins and a pet point in any stat
Although I think even4th place should get at least 1 ticket just for racing.

People have to want to play and it seems like they are discouraged from doing so by the long, Long, LONG waiting, confirming system or by the poor rewards.

thanks

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Well you stated the reason by stating the problem. It is a player controlled thing, and their are just not many people that want to do it.

I think personally they should make it like this, and this will make people derby i guarentee it.

Add points that arent PvP points, but pet points.

Pet points can be used to buy single mega pet snacks, or enough to buy a whole mega snack pack

But the biggest thing is that they should make something that you could only buy with pet points and it resets pet talents. If they did this i can guarentee a lot of people would start derby racing again.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
What I've noticed at least in the practice derby is that it is easy to get teen pet races and a bit harder to get adult races and then after that it is impossible. It seems like the reason why races are hard to get and take forever is that only a small amount of players have trained up pets. It takes around a week to get a pet from baby to epic and that includes many hours of tedious pet games after likely spending many hours farming waterworks for high point foods and spending thirty thousand or so on cheap foods if you run out. All of this for talents you didn't want and which likely isn't that well suited for pet racing (most people like to believe they can win or they simply don't want to race and this is worse when it is ranked).