Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Glitch in Saltmeadow Swamp

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Good afternoon,
I'm trying to catch that elusive Epic fish in Saltmeadow Swamp and I've encountered the same issue three times now.

1. Go to the fishing area right by the entrance. Long delay in getting the Fishing Icon on right side of screen.
2. Cast Winnow Ice Fish, works fine.
3. Cast Reveal Fish works fine (though that Epic still hasn't shown up, so I've only gotten "No Fish Affected!"...not part of the glitch that no fish detected)
4. Cast Summon Fish, seems to work.
5. Cast Winnow Ice Fish...and...nothing.

There is a visual glitch as my wizard's arm goes back to cast, then the visual of the spell is odd, and then no fish are winnowed.

Delay is somewhere around a minute, then fish are winnowed and I can cast again.

If it had only happened once, I'd have written it off, but the exact same issue three times now seemed worth mentioning.

Thanks!
Marcus

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
markopolo100 on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
Good afternoon,
I'm trying to catch that elusive Epic fish in Saltmeadow Swamp and I've encountered the same issue three times now.

1. Go to the fishing area right by the entrance. Long delay in getting the Fishing Icon on right side of screen.
2. Cast Winnow Ice Fish, works fine.
3. Cast Reveal Fish works fine (though that Epic still hasn't shown up, so I've only gotten "No Fish Affected!"...not part of the glitch that no fish detected)
4. Cast Summon Fish, seems to work.
5. Cast Winnow Ice Fish...and...nothing.

There is a visual glitch as my wizard's arm goes back to cast, then the visual of the spell is odd, and then no fish are winnowed.

Delay is somewhere around a minute, then fish are winnowed and I can cast again.

If it had only happened once, I'd have written it off, but the exact same issue three times now seemed worth mentioning.

Thanks!
Marcus
I'm having a lot of glitches in the exact same location!

The fish don't show up for ages and the fishing icon is missing. When they appear I click the fishing icon and they vanish again! Or they appear but there is still no fishing icon to click!

There have been a few times I've cast a spell and nothing happens (doesn't take energy either) but all the fish vanish then reappear a few minutes later.

The fish there are being very naughty!

I have managed to get the epic fish on 3 out of 9 fishing wizards though...and used the winnow ice, then reveal fish school to see if it was there. Just in case you don't know there are multiple pools. They're really tricky to see on the map because they're not blue. There is the main one near the fishing monkey dude who gives the quest. Then another along the left opposite the ship (watch out for the monkeys trying to pull you into battle). Then there are several more if you go past the end of the main pool, past the quetzels. Go through the tunnel and there is another pool, over the snake bridge there are more pools near the creepy weaver things near the steps up the pyramid.

I found the epic twice in the second pool, near the monkeys, opposite the boat. But the 3rd was hiding in the pool on the other side of the tunnel. This area is also included when we winnow, reveal and summon.

I hope KI fix the bugs there in the next maintenance