Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fishing glitch

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 18, 2009
It's been going on for a while that sometimes when you catch a fish it will come out of the water and then disappear off into the distance and your left doing the reel in pose for the better half of a minute until the fish finally reaches you from the other side of the map. (I've no clue how or why it does this)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Discord Spiders on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
It's been going on for a while that sometimes when you catch a fish it will come out of the water and then disappear off into the distance and your left doing the reel in pose for the better half of a minute until the fish finally reaches you from the other side of the map. (I've no clue how or why it does this)
Yes it's been happening to me as well. It doesn't seem to make any difference where we are fishing, sometimes it just happens. I can't see any pattern to it.

Another glitch I've been experiencing (it may or may not be related) but when my pet does maycast reveal fish school if there is another spell active* at the same time the fishing icon remains unable to be clicked as if a spell is currently performing and no spell can be used. The only reset to this is leaving the area and coming back, which moves all the fish about again!

*EG. I cast reset and promptly cast winnow when it ends but reset triggered reveal fish school and it casts at the same time as my winnow. Both spells complete but no further spells can be used until we leave and come back because the spell panel and icon are displayed as if a spell is still completing.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2016
This has happened to me, too. I was fishing in the Botanical Gardens and the fish kept jumping to the other end of the map when I pulled them up.