Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish never coming back.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Okay, so with the new fishing update I've been having trouble having the fish come back to me. What happens is say I catch Sandwich Fish and it stats appear and I close it in stead of floating towards me it teleports away and never comes back . This tends to only happen in highly populated areas and where I get lag, but the problem is that now I can't catch any fish that i need to for the quest like the cat fish. Please fix this bug.
Sincerely,
The Wolf

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
well a few minutes later a new one will spawn. this is just natural.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure the fish first come to you and then the stat box appears.

Administrator
Fire master037 on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so with the new fishing update I've been having trouble having the fish come back to me. What happens is say I catch Sandwich Fish and it stats appear and I close it in stead of floating towards me it teleports away and never comes back . This tends to only happen in highly populated areas and where I get lag, but the problem is that now I can't catch any fish that i need to for the quest like the cat fish. Please fix this bug.
Sincerely,
The Wolf
Hello young wizard,

Have you checked your inventory to see if you have the fish? You should have already caught the fish once you see the stats window, and then would be unable for it to get away after that point.

community@wizard101.com