Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

File Progress Patching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
When I am playing at my mother's house on her laptop during the day while I babysit my grandmother with Alzheimer's, the launcher takes about 45 seconds to download and patch and for the game to begin.

When I am at home in the evenings, the launcher never takes less than 5 minutes to do the same job.

My computer at home is far better than her laptop and my internet at home is a grade or two faster than hers. I have a business-class cable connection and she is on some sort of generic wireless router with residential service.

What gives?

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
There are a lot of people on at night. I've also noticed on Sundays or Wednsdays it sometimes takes longer to download especially if they've added more stuff . It could also be that it is wireless also.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I had this same problem, only it was on my lap top. If the patching is housing_objects over and over that is taking so long, then the only thing you can do is uninstall and then reinstall. That is what support told me to do. I had no problems since then.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
stormslinger wrote:
When I am playing at my mother's house on her laptop during the day while I babysit my grandmother with Alzheimer's, the launcher takes about 45 seconds to download and patch and for the game to begin.

When I am at home in the evenings, the launcher never takes less than 5 minutes to do the same job.

My computer at home is far better than her laptop and my internet at home is a grade or two faster than hers. I have a business-class cable connection and she is on some sort of generic wireless router with residential service.

What gives?

It's actually quite simple. Since you're loading it at a different place, a less-Wizard101 used place, it'll take longer to load because of that.